I had a cookie exchange to go to and really wanted to make something new, so of course I went straight to Pinterest. I realized after I was making them that it probably wasn't the smartest idea to make something I've never made before to take to a party, but I did try one before I loaded them up and they passed!
I found this recipe via Pinterest, on 'sallysbakingaddiction.com' and she has some other tips/pointers for this recipe, so I highly recommend checking it out.. she also has some other fabulous looking recipes that are on my list to make. These turned out so pretty and festive for the Holidays.. oh and they are really good too- bonus!
White Chocolate Chip Cranberry Cookies
makes approximately 2.5 dozen
- 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
Directions:
Line an ungreased cookie sheet with parchment paper or silpat. Set aside.
In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars together on medium speed until fluffy and light in color. Mix in egg and vanilla. Scrape down the sides as needed. On low speed, mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in white chocolate chips & dried cranberries. Chill dough (covered) for 30 minutes or up to 3 days.
Preheat oven to 350F. Drop balls of dough (1.5 tablespoons each) onto cookie sheet OR used a standard-sized cookie scoop. Bake for 8-9 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. Do NOT cook them longer than 9 minutes. Remove and let cool for 5-10 minutes on the cookie sheet. Transfer to cooling rack.
*Do not drop dough onto warm cookie sheets. Allow cookie sheets to cool completely between batches.
These are so fluffy and amazing, but I do have to admit, I made them again and they weren't as puffed up and fluffy as the ones pictured, but they were still puffed up and looked more like the ones pictured on her blog. I tried to do everything exactly the same as I did the first time, but I must not of.. I couldn't figure it out.. going to make them again and see how they turn out!
These are so fluffy and amazing, but I do have to admit, I made them again and they weren't as puffed up and fluffy as the ones pictured, but they were still puffed up and looked more like the ones pictured on her blog. I tried to do everything exactly the same as I did the first time, but I must not of.. I couldn't figure it out.. going to make them again and see how they turn out!
I was lucky enough to see my little before bed time and she is such a goof ball!
And looking so big!
Time for bed!





No comments:
Post a Comment