I had a bunch of apples that I needed to cook and we were in need of applesauce, so I found the simplest recipe on Pinterest and it was delicious.. I need to make it from scratch every time!
All you need:
10 apples {about} peeled and sliced {I used Gala, but I hear Fuji, Jonagold + Red Delicious are also good}
1/2 C water
1/2 sugar {optional.. we always buy the natural/no sugar added, so I didn't add any}
sprinkle of cinnamon
Put it all in the crockpot for 4 hours on high. I used an immersion blender after it was done to blend it up a little bit more, but left it a little chunky.. just depends on how you like your applesauce! You can use a blender or hand mixer if you don't have an immersion blender.

YUM! Wonder if you HAVE to peel the apples...
ReplyDelete