Iz and I were headed to Lawrence for my doc appt. and dinner in KC with friends, but there was a bad snow that morning {worse towards KC, our streets were clear} and we'll just say we didn't make it... we literally flew off the highway into the median area {luckily it was fairly flat and all snowy grass} after skidding all across the highway and spun around completely backwards, so we were facing oncoming traffic. It was the scariest thing ever! I've never been in a wreck before and luckily we didn't hit anyone and we were okay, but I was pretty shakin' up! I asked Isabelle if she was ok and she said she was and then kept saying, "you ok mommy, you ok?".. it was pretty cute and helped to lighten the mood for me. I was somehow able to pull out of the median area and get turned back around onto the highway, only thing was, the car was shaking when I got above 45, so we pulled over and I couldn't see anything wrong, but called Jacob and he and his dad came to pick us up. Jacob drove our car and his dad followed, the car was shaking so much so we pulled over and Jacob kicked a bunch of snow out of the wheel wells, which seemed to be the ticket {thank goodness!!}. I was really bummed to miss dinner with friends and my doc appt, but so glad we {and the car} were ok- it could have been much worse!
I think Iz was excited to be back home, she was running around crazy with her shopping cart...
love this one!
AND, Isabelle got a fun package in the mail from her friend Greyson- super cute pj's and she was SO excited and wanted to wear them right away! I had to explain to her that we had to wash them and that she could wear them after we did that.. she still kept trying to put them on.
Just checking the pants out like a pro!
I made this delicious 'Winter White Cluster Mix' that I have made for the last several years and Isabelle was a huge fan of the pretzels! She kept saying, "one more pretzel".
It's super easy:
1 C white vanilla baking chips {I used to put these in, but like it better without}
9 C corn, rice, or wheat chex {or any combo of}
2 C peanuts {your choice, I use unsalted dry roasted}
2 C small pretzel twists
2 C mini marshmallows
1 package {20 oz} vanilla flavored candy coating
**If you are using the vanilla baking chips, put them in the freezer for a bit to chill.
*In a large bowl, mix cereal, peanuts, pretzels + mallows. Set aside.
*In a large microwavable bowl, heat candy coating uncovered on high for 1 minute, 30 seconds. Stir to break up the large chunks, then micro at 30 second intervals until melted and smooth.
*Gently and quickly stir the candy coating into the cereal mixture with a rubber spatula, until evenly coated. **Stir in chilled baking chips if using.
*Spread on waxed paper until cooled. Break into chunks. Store in airtight container in fridge.






No comments:
Post a Comment