Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Halloween!!

We were excited for Halloween that Izzy girl was festive for the day at Mrs. Patti's.. and wearing mommy's necklaces. 
Iz made this witch hat at Mrs. Patti's and got to bring it home on Halloween.  I loved it and she was pretty proud of it, carrying it around all afternoon.
Living in this neighborhood, we had heard that Halloween is crazy and you will go through 500+ pieces of candy, hard to believe right?!  TRUTH!  I bought over 500 pieces of candy and it was all gone, we even started late because Jacob walked around with us until about 7 and we still went through it!  It's the craziest thing, people just get dropped off by the car load, I think I was in awe of the whole thing for the first couple of hours.. I described it as like being at the zoo, just kids every where!
Just had to throw this in.. how Isabelle fell asleep for her nap, propped up against her Jayhawk pillow pet with her animals all around her.
Ready to be a ghost!  Just a quick coloring before trick-or-treating.
We went over to Patti's first to say hi and get some popcorn.. Iz had been practicing saying 'trick-or-treat' so of course I try to get it on video and she stops.. she kind of says it once here...
Back home and ready to hit the neighborhood!
She was a little timid at first with the whole process, but wasn't scared at all to make it up this house's sidewalk!
 "come on daddy!"
 mesmerized by all the lights and decor.
 Twin ghosts {friendliest ghosts ever}!
 Emme, Harper + Isabelle.. that was her 'big cheese' face!
and then she was over the picture taking.
 
 These two were so fun to watch, Harper helped Isabelle get the hang of things and she was a pro by the end of the night.  They were running up to the houses, saying 'trick-or-treat' and 'thank you', it was pretty great.
 Iz's bucket was so full and heavy, I was carrying it until it was time to actually get the candy, she took over.  The girl was such a trooper, she was walking around/trick-or-treating for about three hours with not much for dinner and didn't ask to be held until we were almost done, but at that point, I was tired too, so I was carrying her, her bucket and my camera, about to pass out!  We were both exhausted and hungry when we got home... it was 8:30 and she was having a slice of veggie pizza and apple sauce- I felt like I was a terrible parent, but it was one night out of the year and it was Halloween, what can you do?  She was in bed by 9, not too bad ;).  We had so much fun so it was all worth it! 
I just thought I would add a close-up of Isabelle's shirt.  Courtney printed the ghost face from the trusty internets and we just traced them on and painted them in... it wasn't perfect, but it worked and was pretty much free {love that}!  



No comments:

Post a Comment