My mom put Iz down for her nap because I had to pick up a few more things for Isabelle's party and this is how she was sleeping when I clicked on the monitor... sitting up with a head band on and hugging her baby!
This was turkey's invitation because she just loves Elmo and I loved how her name {and doggies} was incorporated into the song he sings at the beginning of every show.
Of course I was searching Elmo on Pinterest to get ideas for her party and found several great food ideas... thought these cupcakes were too cute, but I did use gum balls for the nose {yes, I was picking through the bin at the candy store for all the oranges} instead of the smaller ones I saw on Pinterest... just cut the oreos in half for the mouth, cut the mallows in half for the eyes and then I used chocolate chips {upside down so the top was flat} for the blk of the eye, but you can use icing or whatever floats your boat.
There is a wonderful cafe in Newton, KS that Jacob has been bringing home delicious breads and jams and brought home 2 of these cookies for us to try to see if we liked them for Isabelle's party.. they were really good and probably the best looking Sesame Street character cookies I've ever seen! Who knew the small town of Newton, KS would have these amazing cookies?!
Elmo face out of strawberries, blueberries, mandarin oranges and fruit dip. The fruit dip was super easy, not healthy, but easy.. jar of marshmallow creme, 1 8oz package cream cheese, softened and 1 6 oz container of frozen {concentrated} orange juice.
I hung balloons from the ceiling in the dining room.. just put a penny{or dime} in the balloon before you blow it up and it stays hanging upside down.
Elmo greeted everyone at the door.. Isabelle got this rock and roll Elmo from her cousins last Christmas and I'm pretty sure that's when she fell in love!
I changed out our 'Happy Halloween' banner for 'Happy Birthday'.
Izzy girl was so excited to open presents that we had to do that first...
Elmo card!! Came with the new laughing Elmo from aunt Betsy!
She wanted him out of the box asap so she could check him out.
Cousin Emme with Paisley.
Isabelle was so funny when she saw this shopping cart, just look at that face!
Watch out, shopper on a mission!
Elmo sits in the car in front..
A cycle!!
Watch out for this girl on the road- crazy driver!!
She ran into everything! We'll get it.. someday ;).
Love this face!
All hands on deck!
Henry was so cute, trying to plant plastic flowers with Betsy.
Cake time! It was so fun watching her face while everyone was singing happy birthday to her, she was so happy.
She blew out her candles and was so excited!
YUM!
The kids table was the most entertaining! Henry got so sad when Kellie tried to take the gum ball/nose off his cupcake.. "he doesn't have a nose!", it was so funny!
I looked outside to see all the kids hiding, screaming and running so had to check it out.. it was the funniest thing to watch! Gigi was the 'monster' that was going to get them, Emme was like their gate keeper or something and Betsy saved them.. too funny!
New buds! Harper was Henry's chauffeur!
Dinner with friends!
We saw this vest + shirt with Elmo all over it while we were at Target in Kentucky and I just couldn't believe it, thought it was perfect for my turkey's love for Elmo! Thank you Mary Ann and Wally for getting it for Iz!! Unfortunately she wouldn't keep the vest on, so this is one of the only pics I got with her wearing it.. we tried.
I can't believe we had Isabelle's 2nd birthday party, where has the time gone? It was so fun to spend the evening with friends and family.. thank you for helping us celebrate our precious daughter's birthday!!








No comments:
Post a Comment