Our sweet little girl finally decided to show up at 12:49 Saturday morning the 16th of February. It was the craziest day/night because I thought my water had broken around 1 but didn't really say anything because we had already had 1 false alarm and we were planning to run into KC real quick to get Jacob's hair cut and get some things at TJ's {of course, I know}.. but I started to have stronger contractions as the night went on, got to Lawrence about 6:30, ate dinner, put Iz to bed {which was so hard to do because I was having some pretty painful contractions and would have to squat down.. poor girl was like, "what's wrong mommy?", "oh nothing, just need to sit real quick!" and kind of bittersweet because I knew it was the last time it would just be the two of us}... we started timing my contractions around 8:30-9 and they were 5-7 minutes apart so I called the hospital {oh, meanwhile, it's just pouring snow outside- of course!} and the doc on call called back and said I needed to get to the hospital asap since my water was broken {oops!}.. called my mom to come so she could be at the house for Iz and of course with the snow, there was a bad wreck on the highway and it took her 2 hours to get to Lawrence {normally about 30 mins}! Luckily our friend Morgan came over about 10:30 so we could get to the hospital, if she hadn't, we wouldn't have made it! We checked in around 11, started pushing a little after 12:30 and had her at 12:49! Didn't take long! She was such a big girl, weighing 9 lbs even and 21.5" long!
Here she is!
She looked so much like Isabelle at first, especially the nose and mouth.. Lillian on the top, Isabelle on the bottom {disregard my swollen face}, I couldn't get them to be side by side..
Iz was a little shy at first and unsure about coming in the room, but she got over that pretty fast and was excited to see baby sister. It was emotional for me because I felt bad for Isabelle, it has been her and I for so long and it was just a weird feeling and mix of emotions to have another baby and not be able to give Iz all of my attention.
Oh I love this picture.
and these...
I love this, like, 'don't even think about taking her dad'..
Poor girl's face was pretty swollen for a few days.
Aunt Betsy, thanks for visiting us!
Their wonderful little parts..
Reading to Lillian.. thank you Morales family for visiting!!
Yes, that is the Wilson nose! Just like Iz's was!
The more I look at these, the more I think they look different, but man, it seemed like they were identical {Lillian on the top}!
her little spike was so cute!
We got to go home on Sunday {amazing!}, so this is Lillian in her 'welcome baby' outfit.
We got some newborn pictures taken at the hospital which was really nice, so I will post those once we get the c.d..
I can't believe I forgot to include her first car seat experience.. it was such a success! She slept for almost 6 hours from the time we left the hospital until later that night! It was crazy, I had to wake her up!
Oh I almost forgot how much I love all the faces they make in the beginning! Look at that double or triple chin!
My girls!
Isabelle checking out her feets..
and hands..
Lillian checking dad out.. I love how she is looking up at the camera!
sisters checking each other out..
First family photo with our new addition.. too bad we couldn't get Isabelle to look at the camera!
Lillian didn't sleep much while we were in the hospital.. the nurses said most newborns sleep the first 24 hours and they can't get them to stay awake to eat- not this girl, she was up and trying to eat ALL day and night! I mean, she would try and eat for an hour, poor girl was so big and my milk hadn't come in yet, so she was starving! The nurses were like, well, "she's a big girl".. I just wasn't used to that I guess, but thankfully my milk came in Sunday night {they say it comes in a day earlier with your 2nd} and she was a happy girl... asleep :).
I had to include these from the night we had Lillian because Isabelle was so funny, she was singing and dancing around while we were waiting for dad to get his hair cut.
pushing her cart at Trader Joe's!
all of our stuff had to go in her cart, so we were over flowing.
She was so cute and such a big help at the check out handing the guy all our groceries.. poor guy was probably like, seriously, let me do it! He was a trooper though and let her help with all of them!
**I will back track a few posts to include Valentine's Day, but I figured you all would want to see this post sooner rather than later!


















No comments:
Post a Comment