Wednesday, January 16, 2013

:: candy bar blondies ::

I had been wanting to get rid of some candy so I started searching the web.. I found this recipe for candy bar blondies at 'sallysbakingaddiction' and thought they sounded easy, so it was the winner.  I was kind of worried if they would be good or not, but I had them out for our book/wine club and everyone liked them that tried them {oh and I thought they were good too!}, so that was a good sign!  I will definitely make them again if we have a bunch of left over candy bars {like after Easter?}.
 
recipe from sallysbakingaddiction.com
Candy Bar Blondies
makes 16 blondies
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/8 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 cup light brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 egg
  • 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
  • 1.5 cups chopped candy bars (I used Twix, Snickers and Reese's cups, but you really can add anything)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 8×8 baking pan with nonstick spray (or line with parchment paper).
Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk the melted butter, brown sugar, and vanilla together until combined. Add egg and mix well. Slowly add in the dry ingredients and stir together until barely combined. Fold in the chopped candy bars. Pour batter in the prepared baking pan. It may look like there isn’t enough, but these blondies RISE.
Bake for 25 minutes and allow to cool before cutting into squares. Enjoy!

This was Izzy girl while I was making them.. riding around the island on her cow..

No comments:

Post a Comment