We did a 3 day crash course on potty training that we got passed to us from our friends {I have it electronically so let me know if you would like it and I will pass it on!} and I would do it again in a heart beat with our next child.. you basically stay home for 3 days, get rid of all diapers and only wear a shirt and undies, give lots of praise and positive feedback when they potty in the toilet {we used the small doughnut type seat on the actual toilet instead of the little potty, I just figured I'd rather just have it go in the right place the first time rather than clean it out of something else.. and it has been nice when we've been other places without her potty, she's used to sitting on the toilet} and say, "make sure you tell mommy or daddy if you have to potty" over and over again! I think we said it like 5 million times in those first 2 days.. I will say the first day was terrible, I didn't think I was going to make it, but it was worth it {thanks for telling me it would be Kel!}.. she made it through the night on the 3rd night {awesome!} and has been dry waking up from her naps! We have had a few accidents when she wakes up in the morning, but it's almost like I don't get there in time, because her bed will be dry, but her pants are wet.. poor thing just couldn't quite hold it long enough.. I'm hoping her bladder gets a little bigger or those muscles get stronger and she will be able to make it that extra little bit in the morning.. but like I said, that's not every morning so we already have improvement!
This was day 2, it was like Iz just woke up and 'had it', I mean, we knew there would still be accidents, but she went potty {and pooped, which was so exciting for her!} in the toilet all morning and did so good! She said she wanted a cinnamon roll for breakfast so after she had such a good morning, daddy brought home a cinnamon roll as a special treat/reward.. she was so happy, running around the kitchen with it!
More food that is just pretty, I mean check out the color of those lentils! I found a red lentil soup recipe in my 'Parents' magazine and Jacob said he would eat it and I happened to have red lentils, so I was excited to make it for dinner! I also loved that you just tossed it all into the crock pot {especially while potty training, didn't take much time}, so simple! It turns out Jacob is not a fan of one of the herbs, he thinks it might have been the oregano, but I thought it was really good!
![]() |
| so delicious with a corn bread muffin on the side! |
Lemony Lentil Soup{recipe from Parents.com}
Ingredients
- 3 carrots, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- dash crushed red pepper (optional)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups dried red lentils (12 ounces), rinsed
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable both
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano {I didn't have fresh and didn't want to go to the store so I just used dried}
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary {same on the rosemary, used dried}
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Place the carrots, onion, garlic, and crushed red pepper, if desired, in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Add 2 tablespoons water and cover bowl with waxed paper. Microwave on 100% power for 4 minutes.
2. Coat the inside of a 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Add the onion mixture, lentils, broth, and salt to cooker; stir to combine. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 1/2 hours.
3. Stir in the oregano, rosemary, lemon peel, lemon juice, and pepper to taste.
We hung out in the kitchen a lot, colored, looked at magazines {I wish I could type how Isabelle says magazine because it's so cute, but I can't even sound it out to spell it}, did our nails and hair {she wanted a head band and pony like mommies}.
Dad taught her how to do push ups, so here she is in her undies practicing!!
The full frontal shot of the belly at 37 wks- just looks huge to me! hello ball!
Oh, something funny Isabelle has been saying to me.. "your belly is SO big!".. thanks Iz ;)! Thought that was an appropriate quote for this pic..
I had my 37 week appt. Monday morning, I left the house at 6:30, so it was an early morning and I was so tired! Luckily I was trying to finish listening to a book on tape, so that helped me stay awake and focused! The sky was so pretty as the sun was coming up! I didn't have the doc check my cervix because I knew we would be there that next weekend, so we didn't really get a progress update, but her heart beat was in the 150's and my belly was still measuring on target for our due date. I went from that appointment to another appointment with a hematologist {blood specialist/doctor} for my iron count {and apparently my B12 was a little low}.. anyway, that explains why I have been so tired! The deal: I'm not absorbing iron very well for some reason so he increased my dosage {take 3-4 now instead of 2} and try to take it without food or anything else that will inhibit the iron from absorbing {which apparently is a lot of things that I was eating + drinking when I took it}.. so hopefully those things will help it to absorb and I will get my iron count back up and not be so tired!








No comments:
Post a Comment