We had nice Saturday morning of a run and delicious pumpkin pancakes... unfortunately Iz woke up with a super runny nose so we are back to the booger shooter and saline :(. I just love this sweater, Iz wore it when she was about 3 months old, so now it fits a lot better.
It was pretty chilly out, so we were bundled...
One of Isabelle's favorite things is getting in bags and throwing everything out (I'm sure I've mentioned this before), so here she is hard at work.
caught you.
I found a recipe for pumpkin pancakes on pinterest (imagine) and I had been wanting to make them for awhile, so I finally did and they were delicious! Isabelle was a huge fan of them! One thing though, the batter was pretty thick, which made it hard to flatten them, so I may add some more milk next time I make them.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (I did half white and half whole wheat flour)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (I used raw sugar, Turbinado)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
~Whisk together the milk, pumpkin, butter and egg in a separate bowl. Fold this mixture into the dry ingredients.
~Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
~Pour 1/4 cup batter for each pancake and cook approximately 3 minutes per side.
One of Isabelle's new things lately has been taking off her pants (awesome, huh?), but usually it's her pj pants while she is hanging out in her crib in the morning... she stands up and tosses them over the edge and thinks it's pretty funny. Here she is just being pantless during the day.



No comments:
Post a Comment