Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Ashley's Baby Shower...

It was a good time and she got lots of great stuff for 'Petunia' (that's her baby in the belly name, like our Matilda).  We passed on the bassinet and all the newborn, 0-3 month and 3-6 month clothing, it was nice to get rid of some of the stuff, but also sad... bittersweet.
I gave Ashley these burp cloths, it was my first attempt at making them and it was a success.  A friend made some of these for me (from cloth diapers) and they were my absolute favorite burp cloths, so I had to make some and pass them on.  They are so simple, all you need is:
  • tri-fold cloth diapers (I searched for awhile because I was being super picky and ended up with Gerber, the thickest ones they had)
  • flannel material, (you don't need very much, I just got 1/4 of a yard and you can make 2 or 3 out of it) or a cotton twill, I just like the flannel because it's so soft
  • thread
*Cut the material so that it's the same size as the middle of the cloth diaper with 1/4" seam allowance all the way around (about 6" wide, but each diaper is a little different), then pin the edges under at the seam allowance.
*Pin it to the center of the cloth diaper and then sew around the edge... simple as that!  The edges won't be perfect because the diapers aren't, but you can make them look pretty good!  I plan to make some more so I will let you know if I have any more pointers... let me know if you have any questions!


Isabelle and I went for our run Sunday morning before the shower and it was pretty chilly out, so I let her stay in her jammers...
our runs are so good for her morning nap.
this one cracked me up, it's her 'michael jackson' pose.
'really mom, do you have to take pictures of me right now?'
love you little mama!



No comments:

Post a Comment