Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day at the race track... what?!

Isabelle just looked so cute in her little overalls (vintage that were Kim's, love them), I couldn't resist a family pic.
Jacob's dad got us tickets to the President's suite at the Kansas Speedway, we had been wanting to go to a race for awhile, just to see what it was like, so it was the perfect chance.  This is the view from the suite...
We signed the start/finish line.. can you see it kind of in the middle?  Jacob, Leah and Isabelle.

imagine having that tool box... holy smokes.
The Target car, Juan Pablo Montoya (I just had to look that up).
I loved this car because it was neon yellow... it's Paul Menard's car...
We are pretty sure someone important was over there because everyone was crowding around with stuff out to get signed, so Jacob snapped the pic just in case... I can't even tell you which driver is supposed to be in those trucks.. we were so lame!
Jeff Gordon's car..
We had to dress business casual since we were in the President's suite... we stuck out like sore thumbs!  Do we look like first timers? 
The pits, where they change out the tires...
there I am, just fitting in at the race track!
We had little handhelds with head phones so we could listen to the drivers or the radio and follow specific drivers... I listened to it the whole time I was in my seat, made me get into the race!
The cars at the start of the race about to cross the start/finish line.
There's my neon yellow car!
We went down closer to the track and it was unreal how loud those cars were, it's SO loud!  I can't imagine sitting there for 3 hours with that constant sound.. no wonder people where headphones.  It was also very windy, that's why my hair looks so good here..
We had a good time and learned a lot about racing.  We left a little early to beat the traffic and I found myself wondering who was in the lead and who was going to win... you can't just follow the majority of it and not know who wins!  Okay, so I did kind of get into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment