Tuesday, March 12, 2013

:: roasted red pepper + goat cheese pasta :: the girls ::

Passed out.. literally!
We woke up to this.. what?!
Iz saw the snow so she had to wear her snow boots!  Oh and pick up this snazzy hat to do a little shopping.. with her own cart of course.
Like, don't let it blow away.. ha!
Jacob found this recipe on Pinterest for Roasted Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Alfredo, sounded good, so I made it!  Red peppers are just so pretty, especially on that shiny foil background- ready to be baked!
The sauce...
Izzy girl helping out with the cheese..
As I was still cooking Iz told me she was going to go upstairs to get ready to go to the gym and came down in this.. told me she was in her basketball clothes, ready to play basketball... it was so cute and hard for me not to laugh... I was like, well, the shirt is right for playing basketball, but I don't know about that skirt... she said, "yeah it is mom".  She had just taken her pony out so her hair was looking extra good too ;).
Posing!

Voila!  The finished product!  It was pretty good, I added spinach to mine which made me feel a little better about eating all that cheese!

INGREDIENTS:

2 whole red bell peppers
2 tablespoons olive oil {I used coconut oil}
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup fat free half & half {I used almond milk because I didn't have half & half}
4 oz. garlic & herb goat cheese
2/3 cup grated parigiano reggiano cheese
1/2 cup artichoke hearts (optional)
1/2 lb. linguine, cooked to al dente
salt & pepper, to taste

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Place red peppers on baking sheet and bake 20-30 minutes until peppers are charred. Remove from oven and cover with foil 10 minutes.
In the mean time, saute onions and garlic in olive oil 7 minutes or until tender. Pour in half & half, goat cheese, salt & pepper. Stir to melt goat cheese into sauce and keep warm over low heat.
Uncover peppers, peel off skin and remove stem and seeds. Chop into large pieces and place into sauce along with parmesan cheese. Stir to melt cheese and remove from heat. Pour sauce into food processor and puree, or use an immersion blender. Place back into hot pan and toss with cooked pasta. Taste and adjust seasonings. Top with more parmesan cheese, pepper, salt and parsley, if desired.

I still couldn't get over turning on the monitor and seeing Iz in a bed and not in her crib:(.
2 of my 3 girls- out.
Isabelle was walking around with the burp cloth on her shoulder, patting her babies back, saying she was going to sleep.. she's so funny, she says everything to me about her baby that I say to her about Lillian, like, 'shh, she's sleeping, try to be quiet', or 'she's crying, she might be hungry', or 'she's poopy mom, I need to change her diaper'.. it all just comes full circle!
I just liked these pics of Iz sitting on the stairs {not really that part, we do teach her not to play on the stairs} with her balloon she got from Sherry {our PATs person}..


2 comments:

  1. Wait...is Jacob on Pinterest? That made me LOL at work for some reason! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yes, he is on it almost more than I am! He loves it! I'm glad that made you LOL :)!!

      Delete