I don't even know if people say months after they turn 2, but oh well!
Okay, I this is awesome, I was laughing out loud when I was reading them: 'top 10 ways you know your little babe is transitioned into a toddler', they are all so true, it's unbelievable! Felicity Huffman was on ellen and talking about her blog so I had to check it out, she has recipes {she made a delicious sounding cocktail on the show called 'the coco snowball', I guess it's technically a "winter" drink, but I would still have one now!}, parenting advice + all sorts of stuff- highly recommend!
On to my little/big girl...
Look at you Izzy girl, you are so big! The last time you tried to ride that tricycle, you couldn't reach the pedals and now you run circles around the place! I almost teared when I saw you come around the corner on it all by yourself! You just amaze me every day with how 'big' you are, I forget that I have a 2 year old because you are so chatty and smart, it's like I'm dealing with a 4-5 yr old almost.. well, until you have one of your little fits about taking a nap or not getting something you want, then there is my 2 yr old ;)! What is going on with you..
~wearing size 2T, some 3T, but still some 24 month pants, the shirts are getting a bit short
~size 7 shoe
~you pick out all your clothes, from your undies to your socks and get dressed on your own.. you put your pants on by yourself and try to do your shirts, but need a little assistance with them
~you had your first haircut, started wearing big girl underwear and sleep in a big girl bed.. so many big milestones!
~you sleep from about 8 to 7:30-8 and take a nap from around 1/1:30-3/4.. just depends on the day.
~you go to the potty by yourself now which is huge, you walk in the bathroom, hoist yourself up on the toilet {without your potty, you seem to think you are already too big for that already}, wipe and get off and flush, then walk out.. it's pretty awesome for mom and dad!
~you love to play with kids, babies/dolls, strollers, grocery carts (especially at Trader Joe's and the new Dillon's, "I want to push my own cart"), be outside (all the time!), play doh, puzzles (you can put pieces together on your own, which amazes me every time), coloring, going to the gym, dancing, gymnastics, helping mom or dad make a 'juice', help cook, see/watch everything
~some of your favorite movies are "Ice Age", "Madagascar" {you love the 'rezbra', Marty}, "Buzz and Woody" {what you call "Toy Story"} and you still like to watch Elmo, and are newly into the Bert and Ernie section.
~you have a love for princesses! You have princess shoes and a book that has all of the princess, which you can name and put them where they go on their outline all by yourself (I was just mouth open watching you do it without my help, you even told me when I was wrong!)
~you have been eating so well and will eat pretty much everything dad and I eat, which I love.. I mean, you eat quinoa w/veggies, rice, veggie pizza, black beans, hummus, carrots, energy balls, yogurt, and of course other things that are more 'kid foods'.. fruit snacks {you say, 'snoot snacks' and I love it}, mac+cheese, pb+j, cheese quesadilla, applesauce, cottage cheese, animal crackers, O's, all dried fruits just like your mom :), suckers, 'nummies', which includes m&m's and other little pieces of candy that we don't have often and are more of a treat.. I could go on, but you get the idea.
~you love to get your own water from the fridge and drink out of 'big girl cups'.. you also love juice, but little secret, I put half water in all of them.. just so it's not as concentrated and you don't get addicted to that super sugary taste ;).
~you say, "I love you so much" and give the best + biggest squeezes before bed now, I love it.. we also have our kiss and a nose kiss, love those too.
~you still love to read books and have memorized exactly what is on the pages of a lot of your books, so you end up reading to us a lot of the time.. no more of you on my lap, with me reading to you, you have to sit next to me {tear} and be in charge of the books.
~you still have some of the same nicknames: love bug, booger, Izzy girl {so cute when you say it}, turkey, monkey.. and you can say your full name, you say, "I'm Isabelle Jeffrey Wilson" {which is also very cute the way you say it}
~you are so anxious to go to school, you say it often.. you even asked me the other day where your high school was.. I was kind of surprised you even knew about high school!
I know there is so much more that you are up to, but I'm sure that I've written about it in single posts and don't want to totally bore anyone with more words {there are already a lot!}.. so I'm going to end with, you are an amazing little girl, you surprise me every day with something new you are doing or saying, you are such a goof ball and make us laugh all the time. You are one of my favorite people to have a conversation with and I think that's pretty cool. I am so excited to watch you and Lillian grow up together, you already are a great big sister + helper. Love you so much!!
Big girl bed!! We had been talking to Isabelle for awhile about her big girl bed and she eventually got excited and ready to sleep in her bed.. she got to help get her sheets and pick out her comforter (not in this picture, we didn't have it yet). She talks about and tells everyone how she sleeps in a big girl bed now- pretty cute. We had a friend give us the idea of putting swim noodles under the fitted sheet instead of buying the railing to help her from falling out, seems to work! AND, she doesn't get out of bed in the morning (hallelujah!), she calls for us, "mom, I'm up, mommy!".. we told her that's what she should do, but I think her bed is a little high for her so she's afraid to get out on her own, not that she is that well behaved ;). I definitely got sad looking at her new bed in her room, just another chapter closed and a new one open.. goes too fast. I guess that's why you have more!
It's so weird to turn on the camera and see this now.. I almost can't even see her when I used to just see her whole body laying in her crib.. we need to find a new spot for the camera. She is still getting used to having a pillow because she pushes it out of the way and sleeps flat a lot of the time... that would be hard to get used to.
Look at that little scrunched face.. love.
more scrunched sleep faces :).. on Aunt Betsy.
Hello!
Jacob brought the swing out of storage and I'm so glad, she loves it {and we have another spot to put her}!
'The Thinker'
This just made me smile because Lillian seems to be thinking just like Mickey.








No comments:
Post a Comment