There was an April Fool's Day 5k on Saturday morning and Jacob agreed to do it with Isabelle and I for the first time, so I was pretty excited! We were running late {surprise, I know} because the stroller had a flat tire, I mean, of all mornings! Our tire pump is still packed somewhere so we stopped by Papa and Gigi's to borrow theirs, then picked up Betsy a few minutes before 8 {race started at 8}. Luckily we weren't far from the race start line and they were a few minutes behind in getting started.. we literally parked as the gun went off! We joined right in though and caught up pretty quick.. we ended up finishing at 30 mins, which we think would have actually been about 25 had we started on time.
It was a pretty hilly and bumpy race, but Isabelle loved it, just hung out and said hi to people as we passed :). She was still in her pj shirt, as I just grabbed her out of bed and we left.
dad coming across the finish line!
our little fam.
Betsy and I went with the neon them and I wore a KU shirt for the big game that night.. don't you love our socks?! Target, $2.50.. steal!
stretch it out girls!
I just had to share this picture of Isabelle, she thought the socks needed to go around head/neck for some reason... it was the funniest thing in the store! She also has her bath letters and numbers in her lap, she loves them - recommend! They stick on the sides of the tub {and Iz :)} with just being wet, so we have been working on our counting and letters during bath time.
We went for a walk while we waited for Hen and Kel to come over for lunch.. love that scrunch face!
Hats! I really thought she would wear one of them... nope! She does say 'hat' though! We had a nice little lunch on the patio at the country club while the dads golfed.
Isabelle has quickly figured out where the crackers are so she goes to the pantry and asks for crackers... a lot!
ready for the big game {found those super cute leg warmers at a local baby store here.. 'Simply Baby' and they do have KSU ones :)}!! And yes, we had people over again to watch the game. I really can't believe Isabelle slept through all of the yelling... again! She's amazing!
Our Sunday.. Isabelle and I went for a little run.. with the big KU win {hurray}, Jacob celebrated quite a bit and was still sleeping, so we decided to get out of the house.
I kept hearing her say, 'hi, hello' and jabber some things, so I looked down and saw this, it made me smile... and of course, stop to take a picture {it's kind of hard to see at first glance, but her phone is up to her ear}.
We went over to Jim and Jane's {Kel's in-laws} to play with the bubble machine with Henry and Kellie.
Isabelle loved all the flowers, the dog {Ruby}, and the bubbles of course!
We had such a nice weekend with some quality friend time which was really nice and much needed!














No comments:
Post a Comment