We went to a neighborhood welcoming party and it was really nice to meet a bunch of people in our neighborhood, especially to talk to some of the other females that were in the same boat as I am when they moved here- made me feel a little more 'normal'. One of the things I learned about is 'Salina Newcomers' and just as I was going to sign up from the newsletter a friend from Salina called inviting Isabelle and I to the Newcomer's Easter party... so we went, I don't think I would have just gone on my own, so I'm glad she called {thanks Jess!}. We had a really good time, met a lot of other stay at home moms and their little ones. I was worried about Isabelle doing the Easter egg hunt, like maybe she wouldn't know what to do, but girl, was I wrong?! She was like, 'don't help me mom, I know what I'm doing!'...
and had to carry her huge basket! I felt so bad, I just grabbed a basket we had and I think we got it as a gift in the hospital or something {filled with goodies} and I kept it.. of course.
Let's just say it's way too big to be an Easter basket!
I love this pic.
All of the eggs were filled with toys and candy, Isabelle loved opening them while meeting lots of other little ones. I was so impressed with her, she really just didn't hold back, she ran around and joined other groups of kids playing... it was so fun to watch. It felt so good and rewarding leaving, I was so glad that Isabelle had such a good time and it was like I was proud of her.. she did so good!!






No comments:
Post a Comment