Once again we found ourselves staying at the Wilson Lawrence residence 'Tucker Trail' for our last days in Lawrence- thank goodness for that house! The movers came on Tuesday to pack the house and were supposed to be done Wednesday morning, head to Salina and unload in the afternoon, but as usual, it took longer and they didn't unload until almost lunch time on Thursday; so Isabelle, the dogs and I stayed in Lawrence until Friday. She got to go to daycare Monday-Wednesday and I was so sad picking her up on Wednesday, she loved it there and they loved her! Her last report said, "Isabelle will be missed", just made me tear a little bit.
The pooches quickly made themselves at home... like they never left!
Enjoying her breakfast - check out that bed head :)!
She loves to get cleaning supplies out- such a big helper!
Izzy girl loves the little deck on the back of the house and always wants to go out there.. she had to check it out first thing in the morning.
Mmmmm
wwaahhh!! Just giving Emme's picture a huge kiss!
And again! She was holding Cooper's {Poopar} picture and Emme's, giving them kisses, it was the cutest thing. I can't tell you how many times she took all the magnets off and I put them back on!
Isabelle and I had to go back by our house to see what the movers forgot to take and she wanted to swing {'weee'} - our last time.
She loved to go to the mini house where her wagon and cozy coupe were kept, made me so sad because I knew they were gone and that we wouldn't be back... I just needed to get over the fact that it was just a house, we were moving and would make new memories at our new house in Salina - tough for me to do!
Back to the deck!
She kept pulling up her pants for some reason, showing some leg!
I got a new iphone after turning in my blackberry at work and I love it! There are so many fun apps and 'PopBooth' is one of my favorites! Jacob and I have always gone in photo booths whenever we see them, so when I saw this one, I had to download it!
One of Isabelle's new favorite words is 'purse', she says it a lot and LOVES to go through mine and take everything out {as you can see- look at that cheese!}. The nice thing is, she puts most of it back and it helps me to clean it out.
Pooped, packed and on our way to Salina!
We went by our house one last time to empty the fridge and it all hit me that we were moving out and it wasn't our house anymore. I think the whole process drug on for so long that it didn't seem real and then the moving process was such a pain, that I was just over the whole thing. I walked through the kitchen and the rest of the house one last time with Isabelle and that got the tears flowing, it was our first house, my dream kitchen, we made a lot of great memories there and I was going to miss it. I had so many mixed feelings leaving Lawrence, I love Lawrence and I can't say I was excited about our move to Salina. To be honest, if it wasn't for my husband and our child, I would not have done it!
And just to top it all off, we had people over to watch the KU game our first night in our house! Yes, we are crazy! We got into Salina about 2 and speed raced to put all the boxes in the basement and make things as presentable as possible {got Isabelle's room set up of course}. We had no doors, so she slept her first night with a wardrobe box set up in her doorway, to help 'block' sound... better than nothing, right? Luckily she is a heavy sleeper and was really tired because she slept through all the yelling! Stay tuned for more updates on our new endeavors in our new home and city.



















My heart goes out to you as you have to go through so many big changes. There are so many things that I dislike and would easily change about our current house but as I read your post, I know that I would also be shedding the tears if we moved from it. You are a strong woman, my friend and have always adapted to big life changes with such grace (moving to foreign ORLANDO during college..hello!!). You and Izzy will take Salina by storm, I just know it!
ReplyDeleteLove you so much, friend!!!
ReplyDelete