Thursday, March 29, 2012

:: 16/17 month doc. appointment ::

Isabelle and I stayed in Lawrence Monday night because my mom and I were taking a cooking class at the Merc (cooking with grains: quinoa, teff, millet + amaranth... it was wonderful, so I will share recipes later) which ended up working out because Isabelle was behind on her check-ups and we didn't know it.  We thought the doctor told us that her next check-up was 18 months, but when I called to make the appointment, she said it was 15 mos and Isabelle was almost 17!  Ooops!  Luckily they got us in Tuesday morning before we headed back to Salina. 
Poor girl tripped on the deck and got quite the 'bonk' on her head.
Isabelle is almost too big to lay down on the measuring table which made me a little bit sad.  Her stats are:  
Height = 30.75 inches, 40%
Weight = 21 lbs 6 ounces, 18%
Head Circumference = 18.25 inches, 54%
The doctor said she was growing and developing on the right curve so that was good to hear!  We did have a little surprise, the doctor was checking her ears and looked in the left and said, "she has a mad ear infection in this ear", I was like, no way, you are kidding?!  She said on a scale of 1 to 10 it was an 8.5 because it was that yucky/bad inside.  Poor girl, I had no idea, she wasn't pulling on her ear or anything.  So we got some 'bubblegum' medicine before we left town... Isabelle loved it!  Looking back, there were a few things that I realized were probably because she didn't feel 100%, so it was nice to know there was a reason and that she was going to feel better.  
just organizing her bag while we waited for the nurse to come and give Iz her shots :(. 
 they gave us a new book - hurray!
just snooping around while we wait for the doc to come back!
my loves. my kids :)
my little munchkin passed out on our way back to Salina.
There is a little park right down the street from us so Iz and I checked it out when we got home... she loves swings, but for some reason she wasn't a huge fan of this one - bummer.

*Little side note: while I was home at my mom's and Iz was sleeping, I went through a bunch of my old clothes {have been needing to do it forever!} and took them to 2 different used clothing stores in Lawrence {didn't have high hopes, but that it was worth a try}, and they didn't take much, but I ended up with $20 - better than nothing right?  Then Isabelle and I dropped the rest off at Salvation Army... it just felt good to get rid of it all + make a little extra flow ;)!  That was my first time trying to get money for anything so it was kind of nice bonus... just thought I'd share in case you haven't tried it yet either.

No comments:

Post a Comment