Saturday, March 10, 2012

:: our baby girl is 16 months old ::

Poor Iz was sicky during her 16 month milestone, last week at day care and my last week at work... so kind of terrible timing, but what can you do.  I picked her up from daycare the afternoon of that Wednesday {the 7th and my last full day at work :( } because she had a 102.4 temp; we ended up going to the doctor because it was the second time in a week she had had a fever and we had been fighting a cold for weeks.  I was kind of freaking out because she was so hot and her little heart was beating so fast {the doc felt her and said he bet she was at 103!}, but the doc said it was just a fever and a cold, maybe a mild flu, so I felt a little silly for taking her, but now I know and glad it wasn't anything more!  I did take her to get some frozen yogurt with fruit {my quick remedy for cooling her off} and she loved it, the idea was to share, but the girl pretty much ate the whole thing.  We got some Motrin {doc's suggestion} to bring her fever down, some Vick's Plug-ins + rub {I put it on her feet and it was the first morning she woke up without a cough and runny nose!} and Boogie Wipes because her poor nose and face was getting so raw- I was pulling out all the stops!  I was a little bummed to miss my last full day of work, but my poor baby didn't feel good and couldn't go to daycare until she was fever free for 24 hrs {I didn't know that until the doc told me... oops, I took her the next morning the last week}.  Isabelle woke up with a fever Thursday and Friday, then was finally fever free Friday night before bed and Saturday morning- thank goodness!

So to our dearest Isabelle, you have been up to so much in the last two months!
I thought this was a good sick outfit for you, even though you would never know you were sick once the meds kicked in.  You got so excited when you saw your bouncy chair that you just had to sit in it and push all the buttons- doesn't quite fit you the same as it used to.
~you still go to bed around 7 and have been sleeping until 7:30-8 {and sometimes 8:30-9}
~you love to sleep with your 'fire dog', bear, glo seahorse and blanky, so we take those everywhere
~you are still wearing size 3 diapers {both regular and night time dipes}
~most of your 12 month clothing is too short so we have packed up most of it and moved on to the 18 month and 18-24.. you have such a little waist so some of the 18 month pants are a little big right now
~we finally moved onto size 4 shoes!  I feel like your feet had a growth spurt in the last few weeks.
~you have 12 teeth!! The 4 front on top + bottom and your first 4 molars {2 top + 2 bottom}, they look so big in your little mouth!
~you say so many words, some of your most common: momma {you sometimes say it in the morning when you get up, like 'come and get me'}, dog, cracker, bye, no {unfortunately you say that a lot, for anything}, nanna {banana}, applesauce {new one}, flowers, yeah {we are working on yes}, thank you, nose {and wipe it with a tissue if it's running}, car, 'nigh, nigh' when you are tired/ready for bed,
~you blow kisses and say 'mmmuuuaw' to the dogs, your dolls, pictures of family {you actually put your face on them for the kiss so it's really nice when your nose is running!}
~you love fruit and these little sandwich crackers from Trader Joe's {I mean, love}
~you are just drinking whole milk and water {which you say}
~you walk to your high chair and tap on the seat when it's time to eat
~if we ask you for a hug, you walk over and give us a hug {one of my favorite things!!}
~you have started to develop an opinion on your shoes and will pick out the ones you want to wear or say 'no' to the ones I try to put on you {not my favorite ;)}
~you are so helpful sometimes, you love to take everything out of bags {my purse}, but you are very good at putting it all back; you also will go get something if I ask you to and bring it to me
I love those feet + toes!!
Isabelle, you have such a fun personality and we love you very much!  We can't believe how much you have grown and changed in the last couple of months, you are just like a little person, doing your own thing! You never cease to amaze me anymore, you can say and do so much.  You are still a baby to me, but please stop growing so fast!
xoxo, mom + dad

No comments:

Post a Comment