It has been so hard to keep this quiet, especially since my belly was sticking out a bit at 9 weeks!
I had actually taken like 3 tests the weeks prior and they were negative, but the weekend I went to my friend's baby shower in KC, we went to dinner and I just felt a little nauseous and off... I got up Monday morning to do my yoga and just felt a little yucky and just not right, so I decided to take another test, thinking it would just be negative, but it wasn't! I was so excited! Iz was with me and I was like, "Iz, you are going to be a big sister!!" and she got so excited {not that she knew, but I think just because I was so happy}, it was the cutest thing and so fun that I got to share it with her! I was bummed Jacob wasn't home, but we sent him the below picture and called him right after.
Izzy girl and I celebrating...
We wanted to tell our family before I went to Chicago and we had the perfect opportunity the Saturday my mom came to visit- Gigi and Papa had all the family over for dinner. I made Isabelle this shirt super last minute that day {thank you Hobby Lobby} because I just really wanted to tell them that way, good thing it worked out! We walked over with Iz in a different outfit and then I changed her in the bathroom, she walked out and showed off her shirt :)!
Cousins
Jacob and I had snuck away to Lawrence the day before the 4th to go to the doctor {before we told the fam} and I was further along than we thought, this was me at 9 weeks {4th of July}. I was feeling so big and bloated, it's crazy how much quicker your belly sticks out with the second!
I just wanted to share this other pic we took {there were several that my mom took Sunday morning after breakfast at the club} because Iz was smiling, but looking down.. darn it!
As of now, we are thinking we will find out if it's a boy or a girl, I told Jacob it would be fun not to find out, but he just can't do it... we'll see ;)! I will keep you posted on the progress!




Congrats to the beautiful family!!! So excited for all three of you.
ReplyDeletethank you Lauren!!
DeleteCongrats Leah!!! So exciting!
ReplyDeleteThanks friend!!
Delete