We drove to Manhattan with our friends Emily, Greta + Louis {after Isabelle's 10am wake up!} to check out the new Discovery Center and have lunch with my friends Bonny + Zach. The Discovery Center was fun, but we thought it would be better once the kids were a little older... they did however have a mini splash park of sorts out in front of it and that was probably the highlight of the whole trip! Unfortunately we didn't plan accordingly and had lunch planned after the center and Isabelle and Greta were soaked! Here they are, just testing the waters...
Isabelle decided to sit down right in the middle of the fountains to take her shoes off- soaking her bum {twice}. She's running over to pull my shoes off so I would walk in the fountains too.
Let's bend down and check this out..
It flew up and nailed her in the face... you can kind of see it dripping from her nose.
And, we're soaked! With no change of clothes!
I was a little worried about what we were going to do in a restaurant with no clothes! The whole thing just made us laugh, it was hysterical... I stripped Iz down for the car ride and Emily got a creative idea to just wrap a blanket around Iz 'sarong' style. My friends walked up as I was trying to wrap this blanket around Isabelle on the sidewalk {sweating like crazy because it was over 100 degrees!}, so that was perfect ;). We got into the restaurant and I couldn't get the blanket to stay up, so I just took it off- Izzy girl ate lunch in her diaper! And of course took her shoes off at the table, she literally was nakey baby! We couldn't help but laugh at the whole situation!




No comments:
Post a Comment