We had a fun girls trip to Chicago 2 weeks ago and it was awesome! It was so nice to have a weekend with the girls in a fun city with good food, shopping + good food ;).
![]() |
| Thursday night, after Abbey picked us up from the airport. |
We had an amazing breakfast on the patio at 'Longman & Eagle'.
I had this amazing french toast and I couldn't resist taking a picture of Abbey's fried chicken + waffles... yep, you read that right!
Yummy margs, tacos + guac at 'Big Star' for lunch.
Dinner Friday night was at 'Tavernita' and it was so delicious... it is kind of tapas style, so we got a bunch of different dishes to share- I think my favorite was the 'coca de setas' {flatbread, mushrooms, caramelized onions, fresh chevre, herb salad}.
We had a fun night out on the town!
A little piano bar... 'Call Me Maybe'...
Oh man, we had the most delicious breakfast Saturday morning {yes, better than Friday morning} at 'Southport Grocery', our lattes were so pretty {mine got a little messed up} and my bread pudding pancake was UNREAL {w/ vanilla anglaise}, I couldn't stop eating it, it's amazing that I even stopped to take a picture of it. Oh and I highly recommend the grilled coffee cake and spinach omelet, also ahhmazing!
Some pizza for lunch at 'Cooper's'... highly recommend the artichoke dip for an appetizer.
Our last night :(, after eating at 'Lula Cafe'.. it was also very delicious, quaint little place, loved the ambiance.
Thank you friends for a wonderful trip and Abbey for being a fabulous hostess and meal planner ;)!
Izzy girl and dad had some great hang out time and this was the best picture I got from him... apparently Iz likes Wacky Packs from Sonic now! We never go to Sonic and she had it 3 times while I was gone! Her cream slursh {slush, we call them slurshies} made her pass out in the car!
They had to go to Lawrence and Iz wanted to lay in her bassinet.. look how big she is in there now!
Oh, dad had to share round 3 of Iz enjoying her cream slurshie...
As much fun as it was to be in Chicago, it was so awesome to get home and hear Isabelle's little feet running through the dining room after she heard me walk in the kitchen, yelling, 'mommy!'. She was so happy, gave me the biggest hug and then was running around crazy and giggling, it was the funniest thing to watch! I missed my little and my husband so much, but it's always nice to get away to come home refreshed.










No comments:
Post a Comment