Oh man, these belly pics, I feel like I always look so silly! Anyway, here I am at 12 weeks (last Wednesday), definitely sticking out more! I have been feeling much better, still pretty tired, but not so nauseous when I see food some foods. According to babycenter.com, our little babe is just over 2 inches long {about the size of a lime} and the biggest development this week is reflexes... fingers begin to open and close, toes will curl, eye muscles will clench + mouth making sucking movements {I remember watching Iz do that with her mouth on the sonogram and it was the cutest thing}.
Iz and I drove to Lawrence on Friday for my doc appt {stopped in Topeka on the way to have lunch with some work friends :)} and Jacob wasn't able to make it, so I wanted to record the heart beat for him and to show Isabelle... it's pretty amazing! The babe's heart beat was in the 170's.. it's always really high this early, doesn't mean it's a girl ;).
I just wanted to share a few things I was experiencing around weeks 7, 8, 9, when we hadn't told anyone yet {just because some are so not me and kind of funny}: made gnocchi for lunch while it was 108 outside, ate rainbow sherbet like it was my job, made smore's way more than normal, pb + js'. always, animal crackers {also dipped in pb}, grahams, oatmeal for dinner... what?!, mac + cheese pizza.. that's probably the craziest! Yes, they do sell it at the grocery store in the frozen section and it wasn't terrible {Jacob and I had that at a pizza place in Chicago with friends so we had to try it!}. Oh and of course, just tired! I would lay down {still do} during Iz's naps to rest and try to nap, I'm just not good at napping. darn it.
I'm happy to report that most of these things have changed :)!


No comments:
Post a Comment