Thursday, July 26, 2012

:: no bake energy bites ::

Of course I found this on Pinterest and they are awesome!
I have been waking up starving and wanting a little bite of something before I run/workout and these are perfect.. I eat half before I run and then the other half when I get home, nice little protein boost before + after.  Here is her recipe.. I have made them twice now because we love them so much and didn't have any more coconut the second time so I put an extra 1/3 C of oats and 1/3 C of sliced almonds to cover the 2/3 C dry ingredient of the coconut flakes.  I also just put 1/4 C chocolate chips and added 1/4 C of dried cranberries.. there are so many things you can do with these!  She has some other great tips on her recipe.  Oh and I split the ground flaxmeal and wheat germ and put 1/4 C of each in.
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup (dry) oatmeal (I used old-fashioned oats)
  • 2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup ground flaxseed or wheat germ
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
Method:
Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed.  Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.  Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like.  (Mine were about 1″ in diameter.)  Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Makes about 20-25 balls


No comments:

Post a Comment