Friday, November 11, 2011

Isabelle's 1st birthday party... dun, dun, duuuunnn!

Isabelle's party was at 3 on Saturday and all of our hard work really made it a special day for Iz and us (let's be honest, the 1st birthday party is more for the parents than the child).  I found this wreath on the infamous pinterest and really wanted to make it for the party and my mom was kind enough to take it off my plate and make it {I found the wooden 'I' at HL for a couple $ and painted it, worked perfect} and it turned out super cute.  It's the perfect way to use up ribbon scraps {if you are crazy like me and save them from gifts you get}!  Now, brace yourself for a lot of pics... I cut it down quite a bit, but there are still tons on this post.
Iz's cake just for her... I just have to say, Hyvee is the best!  I just asked for a double stacked small round cake and we got this beautiful owl cake!  She asked what the theme was when I ordered it, but I did not expect this!
the spread...
I was a bit crazy here and made these owl cupcakes {saw on pinterest}, they took a while, but they were super cute and delicious!  I made oreo cupcakes, used oreos for the eyes (2 so you can get all the white on each one), junior mints for the middle of the eyes and m&ms for the beaks...
I put this little banner together of Iz's monthly pics from the day she was born to 12 months for some decor... 
Iz and Gigi
I had to post this pic because it's a good view of Iz's onesie that I made for her special day... I will post the 'how to' on that later.
Iz and Hen were pretty funny, she was following him around because he had goldfish and since she was crawling and on all fours in front of him, he started calling her a puppy!  I did get some of this on video so I will have to get that uploaded.
Iz and gram
the girls checking out the gifts...
she did not want to sit still for a picture, definitely had ants in her pants!
off with the clothes... it's almost time!
she went straight for the flame on the candle, luckily dad used his cat like reflexes to stop her hand from touching it.  
Iz was so unsure about the cake, she just looked at it funny and kind of poked at it.
so dad helped her out and put some frosting on her lips... once he did that, she was all about it!
gram had to kind of cut a piece so Iz would know she could eat it and that was the ticket, she just grabbed a huge piece and stuffed it in her mouth.
lean'n back, lettin' it all hang out!
you can't see me here, but this is her putting her super clean icing fingers in my hair... she hugged me after that and that's why I have on a different cardi in the family photo.
I just had to add this pic because her cousin Harper said she needed a napkin and gave her one, so sweet.
we were crazy parents and thought she could have the oreos from a cupcake, she just had a bite and we decided that was enough sugar!
the madness...
Izzy girl got so many wonderful things, thank you again to our wonderful friends and family!
The little ones had to try out the wagon, too cute.
just cruisin' around the kitchen..
she was trying to pull everything out of the boxes, so anxious to play with it all!
DQ ice cream cake... awesome.
This was pretty funny, Harper was 'talking' on Isabelle's new phone and Iz is looking at her like, "where is my phone under there?"
oh and 4th outfit of the day!
mama, just trying to get dad's beer... nice.
Oh my gosh, how could I forget to tell you how the party started... I put Iz down for her nap around 12:45-1 so that she would be awake in time for her party and she was up playing the whole time.. I would stop for a second and think she was asleep and then hear her spout off some babble {dang it, still not asleep}... so, at about 2:45 I went into her room so I could get her ready and she was standing there, happy as ever, biggest smile and I just smelled a terrible smell, walked over to her crib and realized that she had taken her pants and diaper off, lucky for us, there was poo in it and it was EVERYWHERE!  That deserves CAPS because literally, it was all over the place, the wall, every rung of her crib, the sides of her crib, all over her sheets and her, in her nails, I mean, disgusting!  I was like, "uh, Jacob, she took her diaper off and poo is everywhere!!"... he came in and was like, I don't know what to say.. I mean, I wish I would have taken a picture of it {not really}, it was unreal.  So I just thought, why today, right before your party?!  Any other day would have been just fine!  Anyway, I picked her up and held her out {like a person that doesn't like to hold babies, if you can picture that} and stuck her in her tub, had a super fast scrub down, Jacob put a candle in her room and started cleaning the mess... now if that isn't the perfect start to a first birthday party!

We really did have a wonderful time, Isabelle was so happy and loved playing with the kids and her new toys.  It was bittersweet when it was over, I had planned and stressed about it for months, so it was nice to have it off the brain, but I was really sad and couldn't believe it was over.  Our little is so precious and I just can't believe she is 1!  What happened to the last year?  Why does time go so insanely fast when you have a little one?  Okay, sorry for the longest post ever!  Love you all!




3 comments:

  1. Loved this post! Kind of made me teary at the end. It seems like yesterday she was born. Also, the one thing you will probably remember about her 1 year old party is the poo episode and poor Iz..it will be retold every year. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks friend! I know, I just can't believe it has been a year! You are so right, she will never live it down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You planned a perfect b-day party for Iz. Happy 1st birthday and even though time does go by fast, you have many more happy ones to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete