This is one of our favorite soups and my third time to make it in the last 2 months so I thought I would share {and it looked so pretty, I couldn't resist the pic}...
I used to follow a recipe for this, but now I just kind of throw in whatever I want and it always tastes delicious. My typical ingredients are:
~2 can blk beans
~2 cans kidney beans
~about a C, maybe a little more of chopped carrots
~3-4 C of veggie broth (depending on how thick you want the soup)
~about 1C salsa (I use a chunkier salsa to get more texture and flavor in the soup)
~1 can of rotel (you can do either/or with the salsa or both, up to you)
~some shakes of red pepper flakes
~2 T chili powder
~3-4 tsp ground cumin
*I throw the carrots in first with a little bit of oil to start cooking and then toss the beans in along with everything else... nice and simple! Simmer over medium heat until you get everything in and then lower the heat and simmer uncovered until the liquid has reduced or you have reached the consistency you want (could be about 45 mins).*I used to put ground turkey in it before I was veggie and that was also good... just another idea!
No comments:
Post a Comment