We had such a nice long Holiday weekend of family, friends + food... started out with the farmer's market Saturday morning where we had delicious breakfast from the tamale man (if you ever make it to the Lawrence Farmer's Market, you have to check this guy out, he makes amazing tamales, breakfast burritos and salsa.. you can even get 1/2 dozen frozen tamales which we have done.. make sure you are there by 9 (or earlier) because he sells out quick and there is always a line).
We got these beautiful carrots.. I just love fresh cooked carrots, you can't beat 'em!
Ash came in town on Sunday and it was so fun to see her and hang out... she walked around with Iz for awhile so I could make my desserts to take to Morgan and Zak's BBQ.. thanks Ash!
Kellie, Jack, Henry and Mike also came in town and it was fun for Iz and Hen to hang out... he really wanted to be in Isabelle's composer seat and was too cute playing with all of her stuff. 
Dinner time!
Hen borrowed Iz's high chair for his pb&j/cheerio feast.
I made this delicious strawberry cake for the BBQ, it's so good and super easy...
~make a box of white cake mix (I used funfetti this time and it was really good)
~pour half in a bowl and mix in a package of strawberry jell-o
~pour half of the white and half of the strawberry in a cake pan (you will make two cakes), then swirl them together (I didn't swirl this one very much, I just stacked the other half with opposite sides on top of each other
~before stacking the cakes, spread about 1 C of cool whip (you can add 2/3 C sour cream and 2/3 C powdered sugar if you want, I usually just use the cool whip) and about 1 C of sliced strawberries (or until the top is filled)
~put the other cake on top of the strawberries, then cover with whipped topping and strawberries... of course I had to make it festive this time.
'Merica.
I also made some mini oreo cupcakes that were delicious (recipe from Laura, thanks again!)... you just fold in 1C of crushed oreos to 1 box of white cake mix (don't mix in with a blender, they will turn grey) and bake as normal.. delicious! I also used Laura's frosting trick and added about 1 C of powdered sugar to a tub of frosting, then cut oreos into fourths and put them on top.
Iz and Hen in their pj's, ready for bed! We kept trying to get them to take a good picture together, this one is probably my fav.
Hen trying to put the moves on and Isabelle is on the move..
he got her!
Jack and Henry, father/son.. too cute.
Ash and Kel and Morgan + Zak's.
{Monday}
We took Isabelle to the Fourth of July festivities at the park, it was super hot, but we still had a good time. They had a bunch of different restaurants set up around the park like a 'taste' and activities for the little ones... most people camp out to watch the fireworks but we left about 6:15 so we could get Iz fed, bathed and in bed, so we missed the show... first year we watched fireworks on the tube!
Dad and Iz.
My cousin shared a good tip with us... when you have the babe out in the heat, put a soft ice pack in a towel and stick it in the stroller/car seat next to them to help keep them cool (we put it behind Iz's head and it seemed to do the trick)... brilliant.
Happy 4th!
Iz forgot to look at the camera.
I made spinach and chicken lasagna roll-ups for dinner and they were delicious.. we are always looking for recipes that we can make veggie and/or meat fairly easily and this was perfect. For the recipe click on lasagna-roll-ups.. they are super quick and easy (I just substituted the chicken for frozen spinach, thawed and drained).
It looked so pretty when it was done. Enjoy.




No comments:
Post a Comment