Saturday, November 12, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday to our precious Isabelle!

We had kind of a low key night for your actual birthday, I picked you up a little bit early from daycare and dad was home early so we could spend the night with you until you went to bed.  I made you some mac & cheese, peas (not a punishment, you love them) and gave you some banana and grahams (all your favs), we also gave you some more of your birthday cake from your party and you were so excited about that.  It was the perfect night with our little family.
This is what has been going on with you in the last month:
~you are still wearing size 2 diapers, but once they are gone, we are on to 3's
~you are in 12-18 month clothing, but you have a little waist so some of the pants are a little big on you
~you love your "o's", as we like to call them, we have them at breakfast and as snack throughout the day
~you LOVE bananas and graham crackers, you get so excited and make this funny laugh when you see them and try to take the biggest bites possible of both
~you are down to 2-3 bottles a day, you usually don't have one in the morning now, just lunch and before bed
~you have the most contagious little laugh/giggle that you started doing the last couple of weeks
~you like to wave and say "hi" and wave goodbye
~you say "dog" and point to them
~you pull yourself up to everything and scoot around the edges of things 
~you stand for a few seconds on your own and then plop back down
~you crawl SO fast, it's amazing how fast you get around these days
~you are so funny with food, you open so big for bites (most of the time) and will just open your mouth for foods that you don't like to fall out... so nice ;)
~you have started to get some hair and it's cute when you get up in the morning with your bed head, we love it sticking up all over the place :)
~you still go to bed at about 7 and sleep until 6:30-7
~you love to pull your shoes and socks off, the minute you get in your car seat or on your own, they are off
~you are not a big fan of hats or things on your head anymore, you always pull them off (I'm actually surprised you kept this one as long as you did)
~you say 'dada' and 'mamama', it's more of a mmamma thing than 'mama', but it works for me!
~you drink water out of your sippy cup and still have your formula in bottles {I was waiting for your 1 year appointment before giving you whole milk}
~you have started taking an interest in all of your stuffed animals, especially when you get up in the morning, you reach for them and then get so excited and squeeze them when I hand them to you, it's one of my many favorite things you do
Oh our sweet little girl, we can't believe you are one year old, where has the time gone?  It's amazing how fast this last year has gone and how much you have changed and grown.  It's unbelievable how much we love you and want to be with you every minute of the day.. I don't think we ever thought we could love something so much.. I know I didn't realize that with my parents growing up, so it's nice to have that feeling and I hope you always know how much you are loved, although, you probably never will.  We love you Isabelle, you are still our baby (I am not ready for the whole 'toddler' term yet) and you are absolutely the best, I could squeeze you for days! 
XOXO, mom and dad 

So we kind of cheated on these and took them a couple weeks early so I could use them for a bookmark party favor for Iz's party {I will share that shortly}.  She was so happy and looked so cute in her ovies, I just had to share.

2 comments:

  1. What a great post! Little Isabelle is so beautiful and perfect. I can't believe she is one!!

    ReplyDelete