Hurray for Fall and PUMPKIN!!
So I have changed my pumpkin bread recipe up from last year, just because this has less eggs, no butter and is just super quick + easy {ha, hence the name of it}.
Recipe found + adapted from relish.com
the mix:
1 1/2 C all-purpose flour {I always use half whole wheat flour, half all-purpose/white}
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 C sugar
1/3 C canola oil {I have substituted natural apple sauce here, but don't do it every time}
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon {I probably put a little more in, just because I love cinnamon}
1 C canned pumpkin {I put the whole can in and it works}
1/2 C coarsely chopped walnuts {optional, as I never add them}
the how-to:
*Preheat oven to 350. Coat or line whatever you are going to bake them in, ie. muffin, mini loaf, loaf pan.
*Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder + salt in a large bowl.
*Beat eggs, sugar, oil, cinnamon, nutmeg + pumpkin at medium speed until blended. Gradually add flour mixture and beat just until blended. This is where you would stir in the nuts if you want.
*Pour into prepared pan, smooth top {I don't do that, I like the crazy/glopped in look, adds character ;)} and bake 55 mins {in regular sized loaf pan or about 20-25 mins for the mini loaves} or until toothpick comes out clean... I usually set mine for 20 and then check them after that, put them in for another minute or so... let cool in pan or on wire rack for 10 mins... add vanilla frosting/icing {basic: stir powdered sugar, milk + vanilla together} if you'd like.
Enjoy the wonderful smell and taste!

No comments:
Post a Comment