Wednesday, June 27, 2012

:: orange fruit smoothie :: caprese sandwich ::

1/2 orange
1/2 C strawberries
1/4 C mango
1/4 C pineapple
1/2 tsp flax seed meal {or flax seeds}
1/2 tsp ginger
8 oz filtered water
a little less than a scoop of vanilla protein powder
*blend :)

I probably don't even need to tell you how I did this, but I was looking for something different to eat for lunch and I had been wanting caprese pizza so this was my quick fix.  I just toasted a piece of wheat bread, chopped some organic cherry tomatoes in half and picked some basil from my garden {washed of course}.  I did end up putting it in the micro for a few seconds to get the cheese to melt a little.  I didn't have any balsamic vinegar, but it was still good... will probably add it next time though ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment