My friend Kellie sent me this wonderful recipe from a blog she follows and I'm so glad she did because it was so simple and I love falafel!
You can find the full recipe {for the cucumber yogurt sauce} here baked falafels.
I pretty much followed her recipe, but I didn't have paprika, so I left that out... they were still delicious!
1 can chickpeas
2 T flour
2 T parsley, chopped
2 garlic cloves {I just used one because I didn't want them to be strong garlicky}
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika {if you have it}
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a food processor, pulse until well combined {should be thick}. Form equal-sized patties {she said 9, I made 11, just depends on how big you want them} and place on a greased cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for about 15 to 18 minutes.
I love this recipe because it's so simple and they taste just as good, if not better, than store bought. Highly recommend if you like falafel! We were out of hummus and tahini to make more, so I just paired it with cherry tomatoes + spinach and it was perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment