It's tough to have family in different cities, let alone different states, so we have been switching off every other year between Salina and Kentucky for Christmas and this year was with my family in Kentucky. It's still hard to be away from one side of the family, but it's just one of those compromises you make when you are married and it seems to work for us. We do want to start our own traditions now as a family so Isabelle can wake up at home Christmas morning. We got up early Christmas eve morning to begin our jaunt to Louisville.
We finally put the convertible car seat in the car, we figured it was time, especially because Iz was going to be in the car for a little over 8 hours.
{she is pointing to fire dogs nose.. we say 'nose' now}
Nap time after lunch and of course I couldn't stop taking pictures of her.
We got to KY just in time for dinner, Isabelle was so ready to get out of the car! I was feeling bad for her. Gram did a wonderful job of entertaining Iz during the drive, I think she gave her everything out of her purse to play with by the time we were there, she got desperate a few times ;).
We stayed with Uncle Wally and Aunt Mary Ann Christmas Eve night.. thanks for having us!
She got so into opening presents, she had to get every little piece of paper/tape off the boxes.
Christmas morning...
probably one of my favorite pictures...
and this one...
She loved this bear that was in their bedroom she stayed in..
giving the bear a hug and patting its back (she does that now with her dolls and animals, just like we do to her, too cute)
She got some great new books!
Having fun with Uncle Wally...
family photo at gram's..
Iz with cousin Carrie.
Iz got this new little doll from my gram and she loves her!
I love this.. cousin Rio got this blow dino and Iz took a liking to him... she's showing her teeth just like him!
this was just funny, we all walked to cousin Lindsay's new house and I just thought it was hilarious when I turned around.. 2 strollers (we had to borrow one from the neighbor), 1 wheelchair + 2 littles
We go to Clarksville seafood (mom's choice) and bowling every year for my mom's birthday and have been doing it forever, so it's just one of those family traditions and it's always a good time. Isabelle absolutely loved it! She could not get enough of the bowling balls and crawling to the lanes. I wish you could see more of her face right now because she is so happy, laughing so hard. Sorry for so many pics, but I just couldn't choose.
John had the magic touch, it looked so sweet, he ran his finger down her forehead and she just closed her eyes.. so peaceful.
yay!
taking steps!
she was trying so hard to get down the lanes...
love this.
walking.
she loves to be on dad's shoulders.. the girl was all over the place and so hard to keep contained!
love this too.
We drove to Lexington the day before we left to see Jacob's aunt + uncle and cousins, so that was a lot of fun to be able to drive an hour and visit with them too.
There is a really fun toy store by my gram's and Isabelle loved this little pig... it was hard not to get it for her!
Happy Birthday to mom!!
John, Rio and Jacob watching Rio's dragon movies.. yep, that's a KU snuggie that they are all sharing!
I just love staying at my grandma's with family coming over all the time, I always look forward to it and have a lot of great memories from growing up... it's the best. Christmas was wonderful and I'm just so glad and thankful that we have Isabelle (and wonderful family) to help keep the spirit and meaning alive.. that's what it's all about. I hope you all had wonderful Holidays with family and friends!
Thank you for bearing with me on the longest post... ever!




I loved this post! She is getting so big and she seems to be so happy. We also love baby 123! What car seat did y'all end up going with? We are in the market.
ReplyDeletethanks friend! she is getting so big, i can't believe it. we have the britax boulevard 70 cs and we love it! we also got the britax frontier 85 combo booster seat for jacob's car, instead of 2 convertible seats, since she will be in the booster longer :).
Delete