2 C Rolled Oats (not instant)
1 C Pecans or Toasted Almonds or both- chopped (I just blended them up in the food processor)
1/4 C Flax Seed
1/2 C Shredded Coconut (I'm not really a coconut fan, but it's good in here, you don't really notice it)
1/4 C Toasted Wheat Germ... and I may be lazy, but I don't toast mine, I figure it will get toasted when you bake it all in the oven ;)
1/2 C Dried Fruit (I use raisins, craisins and chopped dates)
Scant 1/4 C Cooking Oil (Not olive oil)
1/2 C Honey
Mix the oats, nuts, grains, seeds and coconut in a large bowl.
Measure oil into the measuring cup and swirl it around before pouring into bowl.
Measure honey into same unwashed cup... oil helps honey exit the cup.
Toss everything together (except fruit) until evenly coated, then pour into baking dish (I use a 9x13 glass dish, but a cookie sheet will work, just be careful so it doesn't fall off).
Bake at 300 degrees for 30 mins, turning with a spatula every 10 mins or so... you want everything to be an even golden brown.
When finished baking, return the granola to the mixing bowl and add the dried fruit, stir to combine and WHALA! Enjoy :)
No comments:
Post a Comment