Jacob stayed in Salina Tuesday night so I took a good morning picture of Iz and I thought she looked a little off, but then I just thought she was still tired so I took her to daycare. Jennifer called during lunch saying Isabelle had woken up from her nap with her eye crusted shut and that she was pretty sure she had pink eye and that I needed to pick her up asap... eek because I didn't drive to work that day! Thanks again Laura for taking me to my car!
I started tearing up when I saw my little babe with red swollen eyes and gunk coming out of them, poor thing! We went to the doctor and she had pink eye in both eyes and was all congested! Babies tear ducts are a lot lower on their noses so the doctor was squeezing the middle of her nose and all this green goo was coming out, it was pretty gross and I felt so bad for her! I never had pink eye, so I had no idea what it was like! We had to get eye drops to clear it up and I had to take this pic because the pharmacist was like, "if you miss her eye or if the drop rolls out, just put another one in, there is a lot in there", umm, you may not even be able to see the drops because the bottle is SO small!
This is what poor Izzy girl looked like when she woke up after I cleaned her eyes up with a warm wash cloth... I just couldn't handle it, she could barely see out of her left one.
I just love these pictures, she has found that Jacob's hair is really soft and she kept putting her face up to him and touching it... and then she was cuddling with him... so cute.
So, this was funny, we were home with Iz on Thursday because she had to be on the drops for 24 hrs before she could go back to daycare so I stayed home with her and we all went to lunch on Mass (and accidentally went into a few stores), so on Friday, we got a text from Jennifer saying she just logged on to 'ljworld.com' and saw a cute couple with an adorable baby and I was like, uhh... are you saying we are on there? SO I logged onto the newspaper and there we were, front and center on the main page of the paper! Our debut in the paper and I didn't shower and am in workout clothes... dang it!
Iz on Friday, her eyes look so much better :)
I had planned on staying home with Iz on Friday because or daycare was supposed to be closed so I got to hang out with Iz for another day... it was wonderful, I got to have her fall asleep on me like she did when she was really little... loved it.
This pic is kind of hard to see, but it cracked me up because Iz is squeezing Lucy's ear with one hand and her back with the other and Luc just sat there, she loves her!
Isabelle is just so big now, holding her bottle... since I am weaning, one of her feedings had to be a bottle... so hard to wean when I was home with her! I just wanted to nurse her every feeding. We are so glad Isabelle is all healthy again!











Poor Iz! Pink eye is no fun!! Look how big she is getting with her bottle!!
ReplyDeleteEliot got pink eye and then felt like I was missing out and gave it to me! Ha! It's the WORST but those eye drops are fabulous.
ReplyDelete