I was going to LA for work on Thursday so we thought it was the perfect opportunity to make a weekend of it and see our friends! Jacob, Jack and Kellie got in Friday morning and I met up with them after work for dinner, drinks and a comedy show.
We rode bikes to the beach on a mini pub crawl, it was the best thing ever! There is nothing like riding along the ocean in wonderful weather and having a few delicious beverages along the way.
Redondo Beach
We found out that the Beverly Hills 90210 beach house was a bike ride away, so we couldn't resist going to see it.. and of course, had to get our picture taken in front of it!
The whole clan... thanks again friends for letting us stay, we had such a great time!
While we were gone, Izzy girl stayed with Papa and Gigi and also had a great time!
It was so hard being away from Iz and I missed her so much, but it was so nice to get updates and pictures of her from Gigi! These are some of my favorites that I got, I would just stare at them forever and show them to everyone :).
I absolutely love this picture of her with Harper (thanks for sending Courtney!) because it looks like Harper is showing her something and she is really interested, just hanging out! I also loved the one of her passed out with her arms up, just like her 'touchdown' from her newborn days :).
She had such a great time with her cousins, thanks Emme and Harper for entertaining our little one! Iz also had a few firsts while we were gone, she tried different foods, drank water from a sippy cup (such a big girl) and slept with a blanket! I know those don't seem like big deals, but they were still firsts!
The night before I left I did not want to put Iz in her crib because I knew I wouldn't see her in the morning and I was so sad to leave her, I couldn't stop crying.. Iz was looking at me like, 'what is wrong with you mom?'. It was definitely tough to leave her for 4.5 days, but it was kind of refreshing for us to have a mini vaca. Gigi brought Isabelle to us Monday afternoon and it was so good to see her, made me cry again! She was so sweet, she gave me a hug when I held her and then was reaching for me when she was sitting on Gigi's lap, made me feel good, like she may have missed me ;). It really made me not want to leave her again!
If any one needs tips on pumping and storing milk while traveling, I am now a pro! I have pumped in more places than I ever thought I would! Glad to say we successfully made it home with a ton of milk to restock our freezer! I think the security guy at the airport was a little overwhelmed when he opened the cooler bag and saw all the bags, it was pretty heavy!
Ciao! XOXO








No comments:
Post a Comment