Sunday, April 3, 2011

Follow-Up Doc Appt.

We went back to the doctor on the 31st and Isabelle's oxygen level was about a 92-93 and it should be closer to 97, so the doctor said we have to use the breathing machine every 4 hours and to do the steroid at least twice because that is what will cure her and it lasts longer, so we did.  We are also doing the saline in her nose every night before bed to help her breath.  
 The doctor recommended her sleeping in her car seat or bouncy seat (to help everything drain) and of course I was stubborn and was like, I can't put her to bed in her car seat so I just elevated one end of her mattress thinking that would be good enough and it wasn't, she woke up a couple times in the night and would be down at the bottom of her crib and diagonal or horizontal AND she rolled over from her back to her belly (YAY!)... so I finally put her to bed in her seat on Sunday night and she slept much better (thank goodness)!  Note to self, listen to the doctor ;).  We have to go back again on Tuesday :(.
We would give her the treatments right before bed hoping that it would open her airways and help her to breath while she slept... seemed to work for us!  Some people say it has caffeine in that it can keep them up, but lucky for us, that was not the case with her.
I'm feeling much better mom!
I just LOVE this pic of Iz, her big cheese just kills me, love it!  And yes, she is wearing a Mother Mary tee that she got from her cousin Harper... we love hand-me-downs :)!
I am actually a little sick too (total bummer) and ran in the Brew to Brew race (I know, not smart!  But, you start in KC and end in Lawrence, with a team of 10 you run a total of 43 miles!) so I had to leave this morning at 5:45 and Iz woke up shortly after and was ready to eat... long story short, I got this picture from Jacob right before I was about to run and it said, "I think I'm in trouble" and it just made my morning!  Cutest pic ever (to me of course), I think it helped me make it through my leg!  I just love her little side roll.  
I forgot to mention in my last post that I switched to giving Isabelle breast milk with her rice cereal vs. water and now she loves it, of course!  That was the golden ticket!


1 comment:

  1. Eliot is on his second cold and has had horrible times breathing so I related to this post. Do you have the nap nanny? Someone suggested it to me for elevated sleeping. I also have rigged my mattress to be slanted and so far it's working (fingers crossed).

    ReplyDelete