So my manager (thanks Laura!) found an orange shirt and brought her Cricut in to cut out the pumpkin face, pretty cool piece of equipment! We thought the frazzled eyes were appropriate for the day!

Another coworker friend (Jessica, who is also expecting!) made us Humpty Dumpty shirts so I was switching back and forth throughout the day! It was 'have fun with the pregnant girls' at work day!

We have a crazy treat day at work for Halloween and I made these delicious pumpkin cookies that were wiped out in a couple hours... they were really easy and quick to make so I thought I would share the recipe.
1/2 C shortening (I used butter, I have a weird thing against shortening)
1 1/4 C packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 C canned pumpkin
2 1/2 C all-purpose flour (I used whole wheat, but whatever you prefer)
4 tsp backing powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg... I also added 1/2 tsp of ground ginger
1 C raisins (optional, I didn't add them this time)
1 C chopped walnuts (same on this, I didn't add them)
Preheat oven to 375.
Cream shortening/butter and sugar, then add eggs. Mix well. Add vanilla and pumpkin. Set aside.
Sift dry ingredients, then blend into the 'wet' ingredients. Fold in nuts and raisins if you are adding them. Mix.
Drop by heaping tsps (loved this part because they don't have to be perfect) onto greased cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 mins. Cool. I sprinkled powdered sugar on top after they were cooled for looks, but you could also ice them with cream cheese frosting.
*Best eaten if you let them 'ripen' for a day. Store in a sealed container.
Enjoy!
~recipe from 'allrecipes.com'

This recipe looks great!! I'll be using it soon....
ReplyDeleteJust made your cookies today. I added choc & butterscotch chips. Yummy!
ReplyDeleteYum, that sounds like a good idea Megan!
ReplyDelete