Monday, September 17, 2012

Exciting news!!

Izzy girl and I drove to KC Wednesday night so I could see one of bf's, Abbey, before her and her husband moved to Germany + have dinner with friends.  It's so crazy they are going to be so far away, but I'm so happy/jealous of them and it was so good to see them before their departure!
.Megan. Lizzy. Abbey. Sally. Moi. Katie.
We decided to just stay in KC because we were going to be driving to Lawrence Friday anyway, so we just hung out around town/Sue Sue's... Friday we went down town to have lunch with Sue Sue and Isabelle got into my old earrings before we left.. pretty.
Her face is so funny here because she did not want me to take a picture
of her shamrock earrings... I don't see why not? ;)
Just showing them off here...
We had lunch at a wonderful little place down from my mom's work called, 'Cafe Gratitude'- everything is vegetarian, local + organic- so my kind of place!  It was so delicious, I was in heaven and can't wait to go back!  All the meals have names like, 'I am Thankful', mine was called, 'I am Humble' and Iz's was, 'I am Excited', which was so perfect for her!  Such a great little place, especially if you need a little life boost.  We walked down to a little coffee shop afterwards so I could get a pumpkin spice latte treat/dessert... love those about this time of year!
We had such a nice time in KC with Sue Sue... I headed to Lawrence Friday night for the early game Saturday while Isabelle hung out with Sue Sue.  We got up early Saturday and went to the Farmer's Market {yay!}, got apple cider donuts, yummy veggies, our favorite tamales and oatmeal cream pie cookies!!  Then I got to go to 'the mirth' and get an order of my veggie biscuits + gravy and chai latte {2 of my favs in Lawrence that I haven't had in forever- thank you love!!}, it was the best morning/start to my day- I was a happy girl!!

We stayed in Lawrence through Monday morning because we had our sonogram doc appointment!!  We had a little time to kill before the appt., so we went in a few places on Mass...  I just loved these two at the table.
Iz looking away like, 'really dad?'.
Love this one!!
Oh and have you met our little diva?  She sat right down to take off her shoes and try on any pair in her reach, then moved on to the purses/bags and carried them all over the store... she is so going to be trouble!
Isabelle did such a good job at the doctor, for the sonogram lasting almost 45 minutes and having to wait for the doc for about 20... she did play on the scale, try to open all the doors, empty my purse and sit with me on the table.. it was so fun to have her there to see the sonogram, not sure if it helped her to understand anything, but I'm still glad she got to see the babe.
And the verdict is...
She was so funny, this was the third take!  She said brother the first time!  Oh and we are not naming the baby 'Time', my mom's cat's name is Valentine and Iz calls her 'Tine', so I think she was talking about her since she mentioned Sue Sue after {just a little side note}.
And here is our beautiful baby girl!!  Since our sono last so long, we got a lot of pics :).
her little hand
her mouth and little nose
 Plain as day...
The nurse was like, oh, I can tell what it is and I was like, um, so can I!  Our little lady was moving all over the place so she didn't get a good profile shot {one of the reasons it took so long} and then I was having some little contractions {she said they are totally normal and a lot of women have them and don't realize it}, but it increases the width of your cervix, making it hard to get an accurate measurement  {other reason for why it took so long, she was waiting for it to go down}.  AND, our babe was measuring 18 wks 5 days {a week behind what we thought} so our doctor moved our due date to Feb. 13th.. same thing that happened with Isabelle.
We secretly wanted a boy {just a healthy babe really but, you know}, just to have one of each, but we are so excited for Isabelle to have a sister! {and we don't have to buy anything!}
Izzy girl on the way home, love her face while she's pointing to her mag!
Oh this girl, sunnies always up-side down.
Dad had to mow when we got home and man was Iz excited!  It was quite a bit chillier in Salina, so Iz got layered up, rain boots and all!
Love that happy girl!
Isabelle is so cute with her babies, she is patting her back...
telling her 'shhh', go nigh, night.
Iz + baby enjoying her desk.
Trying to carry everything... just like her mom!
We didn't have any socks that fit Iz so I ordered some and had just gotten them in the mail and you never thought a 2 year old would be so excited about socks!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! So exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you were able to come to KC, friend! Miss you lots:) XX.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on another little girl Leah!! SO exciting!! I am sure Iz and her will be the best of friends. How fun!

    ReplyDelete