After we took Isabelle's '22 month' pictures, we headed to the park to feed the ducks/quacks and play! "I want to play, mom!" Iz was a little hesitant with feeding the ducks at first, but then she just loved it, I had to go back to the car 3 times to get more buns.
So happy!!
It was so fun to watch her, she just enjoyed it so much!!
Park time! Driving miss daisy!
My girl loves slides!
We had such a great time, until it was time to leave... we ran into a friend and her son and Isabelle was following him around the pond {as we were talking about how gross the water was and that I would die if she fell in} and there was a little spot for the ducks to walk in, so Isabelle just stepped right onto the rocks and stepped right into the water!! We were a little behind her and just watch her walk right into the water, I couldn't believe it! We ran over to pull her out, but she went all the way under, I couldn't see her for a second and then her arm shot up so we could see her and pull her up... it was the scariest thing ever!! I just stripped her down {thanks to my friend who had a blanket} and we went straight home for a nice soapy bath! I mean, her white shirt had a greenish tint to it and we both just smelled, so gross. I was a little frantic about it, called Jacob and then just started crying- it scared me so much! I just kept picturing it happening and it was just awful. The thing is, Isabelle wasn't really scared, she kept telling everyone how she jumped in the water with the quacks, thinking it was exciting/funny. So we have been trying to tell her it wasn't good and that she should have done it, but explaining that to an almost 2 year old who loves water, almost pointless. Man, are we in for it with this girl?!!








I would have been the same way but I'm glad you have a brave little girl! (I say this as I sit hundreds of miles from her and am NOT her parent..ha!) She's so precious and sweet. :)
ReplyDelete