Isabelle and I were going through her closet and I totally forgot about this adorable Asian dress that one of my coworkers + friends from China gave us when Iz was born... so fun it fits now!
She did not want me to take a picture of her, so she is running from me!
Oh and yes, she had to wear her tennies with it!
This is Iz asking for me to put 'two ponies' in her hair... that's what she calls pigtails :).
So serious...
I found this recipe on a blog {sunnysideup} that I like for last minute dinner ideas and it was delicious... it seemed kind of weird at first, but it tasted really good {we even made it the next weekend at my mom's}! I attached her recipe below with how I adapted it in pink... enjoy :)!
Pasta with Mexican Black Bean Sauce
Ingredients
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (4.5 oz) diced green chiles {I used 1 can of rotel + 1/2 C salsa because I didn't have diced tomatoes or green chiles}
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1 can (14.5 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained {I also added a can of kidney beans, just to add more to the sauce}
Chopped fresh cilantro and cherry tomatoes for garnish
Cheese for garnish (optional)
12 ounces pasta, cooked according to box directions
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (4.5 oz) diced green chiles {I used 1 can of rotel + 1/2 C salsa because I didn't have diced tomatoes or green chiles}
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1 can (14.5 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained {I also added a can of kidney beans, just to add more to the sauce}
Chopped fresh cilantro and cherry tomatoes for garnish
Cheese for garnish (optional)
12 ounces pasta, cooked according to box directions
Directions
Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until translucent and tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, chili powder, sugar, and oregano. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until translucent and tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, chili powder, sugar, and oregano. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
Remove 1 1/2 cups of the sauce, and add to the bowl of a food processor* along with the black beans. Process to desired consistency then add back to the skillet and stir into the reserved sauce. If you don't want the sauce to be super "refried beany", then don't process all of the beans... I left some whole and I was glad I did.
Serve over pasta with cilantro {didn't have, but did add spinach}, cherry tomatoes, and cheese garnish.






No comments:
Post a Comment