We started off the weekend with the first KU game and Izzy girl was such a trooper while we got stuff ready for the tailgate. The picture on the right is kind of blurry but I still had to add it because Iz looked so cute with her arms up while dad was tickeling her.
Preparing the spread for the tailgate...
We had way too much food..
thanks for making the delicious 7 layer dips Marissa!
the dudes, anxiously awaiting to start tailgating.
now prepare yourself for Iz overload... I couldn't help myself, it was her first tailgate and all..
Isabelle was so unsure of the grass.. her face in the second picture was priceless (thank you Marissa for capturing that), she was picking at the grass like it was so gross.
Iz and Uncle Byron
yes, that is a beer in her hands and no, it was not open.. the cold brew must of felt good on her teeth/gums because she kept wanting to put her mouth on it... I know, probably not the most sanitary thing we could have given our child, but what can you do?
Virginia, Marissa and Iz
thank you mom for coming and staying Saturday night so we could hang out and not have to worry about getting home by a certain time :). Sunday morning was cool, it felt wonderful, like it's time for fall... it was weird to put Iz in her hoodie, pants and socks.
We walked to Munchers Bakery (it's like an old fashioned donut shop, amazing) to get donuts and The Merc to get the rest of our breakfast stuff.. I love that they are so close to our house.
~monday~
Iz and I went for a 4.5 mile run and by the time we got home, she was out...
I didn't want to wake her so I had Jacob come out and we walked about a mile until she woke up, it was a wonderful start to our day.
Isabelle loves the pooches, we are trying to teach her 'nice touches/pets', as she likes to squeeze and give them big pats.
This is Iz 'helping' me go through some of her clothes... every pile I made, she either knocked over or grabbed the clothes and threw them around, so helpful! She also loves to rock her rocking horse, it's pretty funny.
We had a great 3 day weekend... if only every weekend was 3 days!












No comments:
Post a Comment