and I was secretly excited about it, I got another day with my little mama.
We started off our Tuesday making this super easy apple cider rice cooker oatmeal, genius. It was so nice and easy to just throw all the ingredients in and push the button down. It calls for apple cider and I didn't have any, so I substituted water and added about 2 T of applesauce and about 1 tsp of cinnamon and it turned out just fine. It is so perfect to mix with fruit for Iz and she loves it. I just keep it in the fridge and just dish a little out, I do add a little water or applesauce before I heat it up so it's not as thick.
I found this wonderful website for baby food recipes {wholesomebabyfood.com} and anything you can imagine that has to do with food for your babes, it's so informative and amazing... I love it. I was just trying to find a recipe for prunes when I stumbled upon it and it shows the nutrition facts, why it's good for your babe and different ways to cook it.. I highly recommend this site, I am kind of obsessed with it, it just has so much great stuff on it.
this is what Iz was doing while I was making our oatmeal, it's one of her new things, she loves to pull to towels off...
looking satisfied that she got them down, like, 'there'.
and taking them down again after I hung them back up.
we went for our morning run and it was nice and cool again, so Iz was bundled.
We had to go to the grocery store and I realized the infant car seat was in Jacob's car, it was a good thing we had bought the convertible car seat a couple weeks ago or we would have been stuck... you should have seen me trying to read the directions on how to install it rear facing, while entertaining Iz and getting it installed in my car. And of course, right as we pulled into the parking lot, Isabelle fell asleep and fortunate for me, I couldn't just take the seat out and into the store, needless to say, I sat in the car for about 45 minutes and I was so thrilled about it.
can I just say, I loved being at the grocery store during the week day, it was so nice and not crazy... funny the things that excite me these days. This was Isabelle's first time riding in the cart like a big girl... she wasn't a huge fan of it.
we still sit in the Bumbo sometimes! We bought some cottage cheese and mandarin oranges and I think it's her new favorite snack.. loves it.
who is the cutest frog?
Iz has started doing the 'fish face' and it's the funniest thing.. I heard her making a smack noise and looked over and she was doing the fish face.. glad we caught it on camera.
I had so much fun being home with Isabelle for 4 days, it was amazing.. it's going to make for a long full week next week!







No comments:
Post a Comment