A friend at work brought in some friendship bread and it was so delicious that I had to have the recipe, little did I know, it was quite a process and not just a simple recipe. If you have made it, you know what I'm talking about, if you haven't, I don't want to ruin it for you because it really is good, it just takes a while + a lot of ingredients. The white piece of paper is the instructions/recipe, it's pretty long so I didn't type it out, but you can check it out here. It also tells you how to start one if you don't get a 'starter bag' given to you by a friend... hence the name, friendship bread ;).
*I did use whole wheat flour, raw turbinado sugar (reason for the darker color batter) and soy milk and it worked + turned out great.
It will make 2 loaves but since we love the mini loaves, I did one regular loaf and the rest of the batter as minis (bake for about 20 mins vs. 1 hr for the loaf)... look how pretty and puffed up they are...
It's definitely worth making, so if you ever get offered the starter bag, you should try it!
No comments:
Post a Comment