Thursday, February 9, 2012

my little munchkin...

I was so glad to wake up to another sunny Sunday morning so Isabelle and I could go for a run... I just love her Mickey Mouse sweater, she looked so cute with those ears sticking up...
Isabelle has been so into climbing and climbing into things - I left the room for a minute, came back and found her in this sink, like, 'yes mom?'... she just makes me laugh.
she also loves to take everything out and put it all back in.. several times.
and then she doesn't forget about it for the rest of the day - she got back in a few more times.
Isabelle wanted to put dad's shoes on... she still say's 'shoes' all the time.
So I have been really into making smoothies these days, we drink one almost every day and this is one of my new favs that I found via pinterest, but may have altered a bit each time I've made it.  I wish the glass would have been cleaner at the top for the picture, but I couldn't resist trying it right after I poured it...
It's kind of a protein smoothie, maybe for after a workout - or whenever you want because it's that delicious.  All it is:
scoop of blueberries
banana (fresh or frozen, yes best way to use your browning nanners!)
about 1T peanut butter
scoop of protein powder (I usually use about a half scoop of Juice Plus+ Complete)
and then I usually just add water, but you can use milk/soy milk if you want
then add ice cubes if it gets too liquidy or however you like it

Izzy girl also fancies the smoothies which I am so thankful for because it gets her to eat a lot of good fruits and veggies (I have been adding spinach to some and she loves them too, will share those recipes asap) that she might not eat in their whole form.  I think she likes them too because she knows we are drinking them together, she sees me drink mine and then she gives me a big grin, drinks her and says, 'ahhh', like, that was good!
just double fisting her smoothie with her milk..
 I just had to include this pic because I keep forgetting to mention that we are getting more teeth, the poor girl has been sucking on her whole hand and anything else she can chew on.  She does have a new tooth on the bottom, about middle of her mouth - not sure what it's called, but it's definitely a bigger tooth!
 she kind of splashed the straw on her face and got a bit of smoothie face.. reminded me of when she was first eating and would get so messy... I already miss those days.
I highly recommend the smoothie technique with your littles if you have trouble getting them to eat any fruits or veggies!  I will continue to share new recipes as we come up with them!



No comments:

Post a Comment