I just thought I would try and do an every other month update since there aren't as many milestones (there are still a lot, but you know what I mean) as in the first year.
Our dearest Isabelle, we can't believe how big you are getting and how much you have developed, you are such a smart little girl and you amaze us every day with something new you can do. You are such a trooper, you go with the flow and you can play and entertain yourself, you are just such a good little, we are so lucky and blessed to have you in our lives. This is what you have been up to since your birthday:
Our dearest Isabelle, we can't believe how big you are getting and how much you have developed, you are such a smart little girl and you amaze us every day with something new you can do. You are such a trooper, you go with the flow and you can play and entertain yourself, you are just such a good little, we are so lucky and blessed to have you in our lives. This is what you have been up to since your birthday:
~we finally switched you to size 3 diapers, you seemed fine in the 2's, but when we ran out I was afraid to get a huge box of them again
~you are wearing 12-18 mo clothing... some of the 12 month pants are getting a little short and for some reason I'm having a hard time with the fact that you are over 12 months and I keep putting you in 12 month clothing
~you have gotten a lot more hair, but I have yet to put a bow, headband or barrett on your head.. I did think about trying some little pigs in the back, but I think we need a little bit more before I do that.. just to spare you from looking silly ;)
*I have to explain this picture, you LOVE pumpkin bread and we had some from Aunty Em (thank you!) that you just couldn't get enough of.. you knew the rest of it was on the counter, so this is you trying to reach up and get it.. such a smart little one.
~you say quite a few words now and your favorite seems to be 'no', you scrunch up your little nose and say 'no', it's pretty cute actually. I always make the mistake of asking you if you want something because you don't know 'yes' yet, so you can imagine the answer I typically get.
~you can count to 3!! Anytime I say one (of anything), you follow it up with 'two, sree'
~you also love to say 'dog'
~dad has taught you to howl and it's the cutest/funniest thing ever because you follow us and make your mouth into the 'howling shape' if that makes sense.. will catch it on video and post it asap.
~you had your last bottle on 12/15 (I forgot to post about it), so we are strictly sippy cups! You love the ones with the straws, but you use one that has more of a soft top like the bottle, that you drink your 'before bed milk' out of... I like it because you still have to lay back a bit to drink it, so I get to hold you like my little baby (that you still are to me). It's so crazy (and awesome) to not have to wash bottles!
~you have developed some funny eating habits, sometimes you don't want to eat things that you have loved in the past (and spit them out, which doesn't make me very happy!), I think you just want to get down and play, so you turn your nose at your dinner and ask to get out of your chair... it's kind of frustrating, but I think you are getting better.. anyone else relate to this?
~I have gotten pretty good at hiding veggies in your food so you will eat them :). If I put an oyster cracker (you love them) on the tip of the spoon so that it's the first food you see, you will take a bite of just about anything!
*happy girl at breakfast after eating 2 pieces of pumpkin bread... and wearing the outfit Wally and Mary Ann gave us, it's so cute and comfy.
~I have gotten pretty good at hiding veggies in your food so you will eat them :). If I put an oyster cracker (you love them) on the tip of the spoon so that it's the first food you see, you will take a bite of just about anything!
*happy girl at breakfast after eating 2 pieces of pumpkin bread... and wearing the outfit Wally and Mary Ann gave us, it's so cute and comfy.
~you have been taking steps! you stand, take a few little steps and then plop back down, you aren't quite confident enough yet to take off walking (which we are okay with!)
~you take a pretty good nap in the afternoon right after lunch, sometimes you sleep a little bit in the morning, but it's usually just a couple hours in the afternoon
~you still go to bed about 7 and sleep until about 7, but for some reason when you stay at your gram's and gigi's, you sleep until 8:30-9... why don't you do that at home? We can't figure it out! Maybe because they have carpet and we have all wood floors so the sound isn't absorbed? That's all we got!
We love you so much, you are so precious to us little one!




No comments:
Post a Comment