We went to Silverthorne, CO this past weekend for a wedding and had a wonderful time.. the weather was amazing, 70's and sunny, so much better than the 100+ degree weather we have had in KS. We left KS after 7 Thursday night because I wanted to put Iz to bed before we left and drove straight to Silverthorne, got there about 2:30 in the a.m. and it was pretty chilly.. so weird to have to wear a hoodie. We got up and had breakfast at this 'Mountain Lion Cafe', it was pretty tasty.
We rented a house from VRBO.com and it was the best way to go, it was huge and decently priced... and, we had a hot tub.
this was pretty amazing, there was a huge eagles nest by the entrance of where we stayed.. we could see the babies hanging out, but never saw the mom.
We went to Lake Dillon that is right next to Silverthorne and it is beautiful... we went to a tiny bar/restaurant called the 'Tiki Bar' that's right on the water, it was a good time.
entrance...
Bets and I.. that's the extent of the bar behind us.
Betsy's birthday was Friday so we went to the grocery store and got stuff to grill and make dinner... Jack brought out Betsy's birthday cake and we all sang to her... quite a few times.
Happy Birthday Betsy!
Joe didn't want the guys to feel left out, so he bought them mustaches... pretty funny.
hot tub poppin' bubbly.
We rented a boat on Lake Dillon during the day on Saturday before the wedding and it was beautiful, we had a great time.
Kellie and I had to relieve ourselves so we had to jump into the freezing water.. it was unreal how cold it was, it took your breath away... you gotta do, what you gotta do.
We had lunch at a really good place in Frisco call the 'Boat Yard', highly recommend if you are ever in Frisco.
nap before the wedding.
The wedding was outside, right next to a rushing river, it was such a nice setting.
We had such a great time and can't wait to go back. I missed Isabelle like crazy and we leave for the Bahamas on Saturday, so I am really struggling with being away from her this much.. I know she is in good hands, but the weekends are my time with her so it's really hard to be away on the weekends and I feel like a terrible mom leaving her, but it's just the timing of everything, once we get back, we are home for a long time, so I don't have to leave her, can't wait for that... miss her so much.


No comments:
Post a Comment