I can't have Thanksgiving/fall without making this pumpkin coffee cake.. We have made it the morning of Thanksgiving the last few years and my mom takes it out of the oven when we get home from the Turkey Trot. I have posted the recipe in the past but here is the link :)
We did the Turkey Trot as a family this year (well, minus Lillian), but it was so fun to watch Isabelle run to the finish line. I love this tradition!
Lillian just wanted to be big, sit at the table with the littles and eat by herself. She seemed to be a fan of the turkey dinner!
My little 'big' girl.. purse, phone, Barbie.. ready!
Aunt Betsy gave Isabelle some Frozen puzzles and she did all 3 of them by herself.. she loves puzzles and is pretty good at them! This is her, "look I did it" face :).
little turkey
We had some nice weather and were able to go to the park.. these girls!
Lillian was so happy to be able to walk Reggie.
Thanksgiving over and on to making ginger bread houses!
Lillian came into the kitchen so proud of herself..
One of our craft night projects- string wrapped letter, then I attached it to our wreath.. made for a nice door decor for us!
Another craft night project..
I have to be honest, Lillian isn't much help when I'm trying to fold clothes! She has Isabelle's undies on and I think some pj's around her neck.. she's such a goof ball!
Best bed head!
My girls in their sunnies!
We had cookie decorating at the library and Isabelle made the paper! She was mid-bite in her cookie, front page :).
Isabelle and Lillian reading to their friends..
Lillian sporting a sombrero at Emme's birthday dinner.
My happy littles!
Oh just not napping, talking + playing with her animals.
They have so much fun in the bath together!
Iz got to make cookies at school for their open house, she loved it.
Isabelle's school picture, she looks so big and grown up! Makes me so sad. We gave her a pep talk about smiling and she did so good!
Class picture.
Love this!
until Isabelle started hiding Lillian in pillows.. Iz was having so much fun and Lillian was unsure.
I can never have enough pics of this goof ball and sunnies!
Jacob took this picture of Iz and send it to me while I was at a meeting or something and it made me smile.
We got to take Izzy to the KU at the Sprint Center and she had a blast! We started with lunch, then cupcakes and headed to the game, it was a fun afternoon with our little.
Oh yeah, and then she got cotton candy!
I can't get over this little girl.. just owning it as we walked out of the gym.
I had a Stella party in the afternoon so the girls got to hang with Gigi.. they went to Dillard's and got makeovers! I loved getting these pictures from Gigi.. they were so happy!
A little playing in the snow..
Lillian was very intrigued by the Christmas tree!
She wanted to open a present so bad, she just kept bringing them to me!
Lillian loves to read just as much as her big sister.. makes me happy. She takes books everywhere!
They were so happy to get to open a present early.. Sue Sue bought them comfy matching jammies and wanted them to open them so they could wear them on Christmas.
My doc appt.. the nurses and doctor got such a kick out of Lillian carrying my purse around.
The babe's heart beat was 152 on 1/19 and 1/22.. kind of crazy it was the same at both appointments.
This is a fun story.. I was downstairs and thought the girls were playing so well upstairs because they were quiet and laughing and then I started to smell lotion.. so I went upstairs to find Lillian's hair covered in lotion! Isabelle was trying to help clean it out with a wet wash cloth and lotion and water was everywhere.. to say I was irritated would be an understatement! Especially because they were so happy about it! Grr!
Lillian's first selfie...
Ok, this chex mix was SO good.. I made it without Worcestershire sauce to make it vegetarian and it turned out great.. Jacob couldn't stop eating it either, so that's a good sign!
Here is the recipe:
4 C corn Chex
4 C rice Chex
1 1/2 C cashews
1 1/2 C pretzels
1/2 vegan butter spread or butter
1 1/2 T brown sugar
1 T paprika
1 1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
Preheat oven to 250 degrees
Find cooking/prep details here.
Love this.. daddy reading, "Twas the Night Before Christmas" to the girls..
Izzy was such a big helper on Christmas day.. she wanted to wash dishes and normally I would want to do it myself but I had to let go and let her help.. and I'm glad I did because she really did help me!
Then she started organizing the cabinet.. I'm not sure what had gotten into her ;).
Our precious girls at church after Christmas eve service.
Our family :)
Isabelle writing her note to Santa..
She thought veggie straws would be good for the reindeer and of course cookies for Santa.
Christmas morning! Don't mind daddy in the drivers hat and glasses!
Love those faces of joy.
Stockings are the best!
Loving on their Build-a-Bear reindeer! Isabelle helped to make them and did so good at keeping it a secret from Lillian.
Isabelle (the doll) got her own bed!
I guess she decided she was hot.. ?
Just filling up at the gas station..
LOVE
Total goof ball! Look at these faces (ignore mine ;))!
The girls made these ornaments as gifts this year.. fingerprint snowmen, they turned out so cute!
Lillian loving on her baby..
Yay for boots!!
Check out that ride!
Our friends had a fun New Year's Eve party 'London-style'.. it started at 4:30 and the ball dropped at 6 our time (midnight in London), so the littles could enjoy the fun too. Such a great idea! The girls had a blast!
Happy New Year!




































































No comments:
Post a Comment